Maintenance Mechanic I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:Starting Wage $14.60/hour
The purpose of a Maintenance Mechanic I is to perform basic tasks and minor repairs within the warehouse and office areas, as well as general equipment (i.e., scanner equipment, battery room, cleaning photocells). Additionally, general Tenant Improvement work such as light repairs to plumbing, electrical walls, or room finishes are primary responsibilities. Additional responsibilities include general housekeeping and recycling of collected materials. This requires a basic understanding of pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems. This is an entry level position with promotion potential to Maintenance Mechanic II by completing and demonstrating proficiency in all related Maintenance Mechanic job requirements.1. Building Maintenance - Perform painting, sheetrock repairs, and general Tenant Improvement work as needed. Perform minor repairs on doors, dock plates, and plumbing to resolve problems and ensure successful operation. Provide Support to Mechanics and Senior Mechanics in all areas as needed.2. Conveyor System Maintenance - Perform minor preventative maintenance tasks. Supports Maintenance Technicians II or III during breakdowns, with the goal of expanding hands-on knowledge and experience.3. Equipment Maintenance -- Maintains equipment (i.e., scanners, photocells), battery room, and Maintenance shop in clean and good working order.4. Facility Cleanliness / Safety - Ensures the maintenance shop area is organized, neat and clean. Adheres to 5S principles. Identifies and acts immediately regarding any safety hazards, spills, etc., to avoid the risk of accidents. Uses safe lifting techniques and operates power equipment in a safe manner. Abide by all stated regulations while performing works, i.e., lockout/tagout procedures, etc. Maintain general cleanliness of building including collection of all recycled materials.5. Fabrication - Utilize materials and tools to create custom equipment to support the operation (i.e., wood, metal, etc.).6. Record Keeping - Perform necessary data entry (i.e., work order tracking/filing) and keep current tools and documents updated as necessary (i.e., Material Safety Data Sheets). Maintains records to ensure accountability of time, parts and repairs. Qualifications:* High School diploma or equivalent edu preferred
* Minimum one year on-the-job experience or training with equipment (i.e., mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, etc.)
* One to two years' experience and/or training
* Basic knowledge of common electrical and plumbing systems Good working knowledge of tools
* Industrial mechanic trade school courses or certificate
* Basic Computer Skills
* Ability to work any shift including weekends if needed.
* Possess a strong sense of urgency.
* Work well independently and within a team environment. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .