Maintenance Mechanic II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 26750-186
OVIEDO MEDICAL CENTER, opening in Jan 2017- a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital s modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care. Very well positioned, less than a mile off of a major highway (417). Oviedo is a growing community less than 20 minutes Northeast of Downtown Orlando. This provides access to a high amount of activities, events, attractions but not entrenched in the heaviest populated area. Great area for families as it s zoned for very strong schools. Also less than an hour to the beach!
Under general supervision this position is responsible for corrective and preventive maintenance on all fixed and movable facility assets. Individuals in this position provides a safe and comfortable work environment for employees, patients and visitors by maintaining repairs and maintenance of heating, ventilation & air conditioning and refrigeration equipment for the hospital, grounds and hospital properties.
You are expected to smile!
Position Specific Performance
* Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable level.
* Inspects equipment and facilities for proper operation and working condition; maintains routine records and determines type and extent of malfunction of equipment and , as necessary, adjusts, disassembles, and repairs or replaces parts or components, reassembles and tests for proper operation. Reports more serious problems to supervisor for instructions or maintenance scheduling.
* Attend gas fired steam boilers, hot water boilers and heaters, may make necessary adjustments to assure proper steam pressure, combustion, water flow, water level and proper operation of safety devices and auxiliary equipment.
* Performs a variety of general semi-skilled maintenance, alteration and repairs to machinery, equipment or facilities as assigned or in accordance to basic skills and abilities, and standard procedures, diagrams or manufacturer s instructions.
* Assist with routine electrical maintenance, replacement or alteration of circuit wiring, switches, control equipment and mechanisms, motors, transformers, relays, generators, appliances, fixtures, alarms, communication equipment, etc.
* General mechanical maintenance of hospital and kitchen equipment, office machines and equipment, etc.
* General plumbing maintenance-maintain, repair and make alterations to steam, gas, water, air and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures. Bend, cut, ream and thread pipe, wipe joints, test joints and pipe systems for leaks. Repair and replace valves, repair leaks and clear drain stoppages.
* General welding-welding, cutting, joining metals not requiring critical test tolerance or certification.
* Helps maintain a clean, safe and organized work area.
* Performs a variety of routine maintenance duties such as repair and assembling extension cords, replacing fuses, fluorescent ballast and tubes, clean and lubricate motors and other machinery. Clean sink and grease traps, replace and re-pack valves, assemble equipment, repair drape pull mechanisms and related items.
* Repairs, installs, replaces and tests components necessary to operate and maintain indoor air quality, test water and steam p-ring, all gas systems and boiler room systems. Repair and maintains all air conditioning, heating, ventilation (including supply, return, exhaust air) equipment and systems and refrigeration equipment as assigned by supervisor or director.
* Immediately identifies, sequesters and informs the Plant Supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment.
* Achieves to reduce maintenance and utility costs through improved operational procedures and timely completion of preventive maintenance.
* Reviews all work orders and immediately calls to the attention of the supervisor all orders which cannot be completed.
* Records data as required on equipment logs.
* Performs preventive maintenance and testing of the emergency generators, transfer switches and associated equipment to NFPA standards.
* Immediately identifies and informs the Supervisor of Plant Operations of any malfunctioning equipment.
* Follows Universal Precautions for infection control at all times.
* Complies with OSHA standards in the work place.
* Demonstrates an ability to interpret blue prints, schematic diagrams and instruction manuals.
* Accepts work assignments willingly.
* Knowledge with 480 to 120 volt electrical systems and all components associated with these systems
* Works well alone with little or no supervision.
* Exercise discretion and integrity in dealing with confidential matters
* Exercises high degree of dependability and good judgment.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High school or GED required
* Vocation/advanced education in refrigeration, chillers, pneumatic Controls, electrical controls, heating, ventilation and A/C systems is required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
MECHANICAL prefer minimum 2 yrs of Operation/repair of heating, vent and A/C Systems including central plan chilled water and direct expansion. Install and repair Commercial A/C & Refrigeration Units.
Mechanical maintenance with skills in walk-in Refrig/freezer- ability to read blue prints & Schematics of Maintenance items
MAINTENANCE- minimum 3 yrs in Building maintenance
* Computer experience required
* MUST HAVE BUILDING AUTOMATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
This position is classified as MEDIUM HEAVY which is defined as exerting up to 75 POUNDS OF FORCE OCCASIONALLY, 35 POUNDS FREQUENTLY AND 15 POUNDS CONSTANTLY.
OSHA Category -1
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 09/09/2016