Maintenance Mechanic II-Plumber
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 12/24/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 26750-185
OVIEDO MEDICAL CENTER, opening in Jan 2017- a 64-Bed acute care hospital with a 22-bed emergency department, will bring a full range of healthcare services to Seminole County and surrounding communities. The hospital s modern design and up-to-date technology will provide a world-class facility to support local physicians and delivering excellent patient care. Very well positioned, less than a mile off of a major highway (417). Oviedo is a growing community less than 20 minutes Northeast of Downtown Orlando. This provides access to a high amount of activities, events, attractions but not entrenched in the heaviest populated area. Great area for families as it s zoned for very strong schools. Also less than an hour to the beach!
Job Summary: Reporting to Manager/Director of Facilities, the maintenance mechanic repairs, installs, replaces and maintains all aspects of the facilities mechanical structure. This position has no responsibility for the assessment, treatment, or care of patients. Follows policies and procedures of Oviedo Medical Center. Participates in the Quality Improvement process and adheres to Oviedo Medical standards of behavior.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Manages stress appropriately and can make decisions under pressure, handle multiple priorities, work in areas that are confined and / or crowded. Medium work with periods of standing, lifting, stooping, bending, walking, talking, answering telephones and using computer. Have good manual dexterity and good eye-hand-foot coordination.
Attendance is essential to this role
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of relevant building codes; knowledge of the materials, tools and techniques of carpentry, plumbing maintenance or HVAC trade
* Ability to work from sketches, blue prints and written instructions; ability to exercise initiative and judgement in estimating the methods, materials and time needed to complete assigned projects; ability to troubleshoot equipment or plumbing malfunctions so as to identify the problem and take appropriate action to correct the situation: ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform work in rather inaccessible areas
* Skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools used in the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds
* Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary periods
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* High school or GED required
* Vocational or technical training ie;
Vocational/advanced education in refrigeration, chillers, pneumatic controls, electrical controls, heating, and ventilation and A/C systems is required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
3 years experience as a commercial/industrial plumber. Knowledgeable in correct application,
storage, and Disposal of all types of plumbing materials. Knowledgeable in reading blueprints,
drawings ,and specifications to determine the layout of plumbing systems, water supply networks, and waste drainage systems. Knowledgeable in the repair of plumbing systems, fixtures, piping equipment, and controls used to transport water, waste, gases, and hot liquids. Must have current FL driver s license. Must be flexible in performing other duties as assigned.
* 3 years as Maintenance Mechanic plumbing required
* Computer experience required
* MUST HAVE BUILDING AUTOMATION COMPUTER SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE
* MASTER PLUMBER PREFERRED
This position is classified as MEDIUM HEAVY which is defined as exerting up to 75 POUNDS OF FORCE OCCASIONALLY, 35 POUNDS FREQUENTLY AND 15 POUNDS CONSTANTLY.
Gloves, gowns, masks, safety glasses and sometimes particle mask or SCBA.
OSHA Category -1
**Orientation is 11/28/16
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 09/15/2016