Maintenance Mechanic Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Req Id 22221 - Posted 09/15/2016 - Maintenance - Geneseo, New York, US
Performs the installation, maintenance, servicing, repairing, and rebuilding of all plant equipment including buildings and grounds.
- Effectively troubleshoot electrical, instrument and mechanical problems in the field.
- Understand, execute and follow all life critical procedures in the execution of maintenance activities.
- Repairs, installs and services all plant equipment.
- Inspects and repairs all buildings and grounds including underground services.
- Executes all tasks necessary as assigned to support plant operations
- Tests all work for proper operation prior to turnover to production.
- Provides feedback to supervision pertaining to out of calibration instrumentation and any abnormal equipment observations.
- Maintains a clean, organized shop and clean design practices during day to day work activities.
- Follows planning/ scheduling protocols for the completion and documentation of work order status
- Assists with LAN troubleshooting as required.
- Assumes stockroom duties as required
- Supports Loss Control policy, AIMS, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 management systems.
- Will climb ladders and work outside in all weather conditions, lift up to 50 lbs and wear PPE including SCBA respirator
- Will work a 12 hour rotating shift schedule
Maintains proficiencies in the following areas:
- General mechanical
- Piping threading and fitting
- Rotating equipment rebuilding and alignment (mechanical seals, bearings and couplings, etc.).
- Electrical power, conduit and electrical wiring installation for hazardous and non-hazardous installation.
- General instrumentation electronic and pneumatic.
- General troubleshooting.
- General buildings and grounds servicing and repairs.
- Reading and understanding PIDs, electrical prints and equipment drawings.
- Inspection of documentation such as RCRA and sprinkler rounds.
- HS Diploma and 5+ years experience in industrial maintenance; prefer chemical manufacturing.
- General mechanical, electrical and fabrication experience with knowledge of PLCs and VFDs.
Basic skills in MS Office; knowledge of SAP preferred
A global chemical company and France s leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry
every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation-based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that
provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of
energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in close to 50 countries, some 19,000
employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia, Arkema generates pro forma annual revenue of some
$8.1 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands.,
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The \\"EEO IS The Law\\" poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.