Maintenance Mechanic - Mechanical (Mobile, AL)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaintenance Mechanic - Mechanical (Mobile, AL)
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
* Ability to perform routine service, setup, adjustment and repairs of paper manufacturing and converting equipment (e.g. pumps, gear reducers, high speed winders, orbital saws, wrappers, packaging and conveying equipment).
* Perform Predictive & Preventative tasks associated on heavy industrial manufacturing equipment.
* Identify and correct defects in equipment during preventative maintenance inspections
* Installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of typical ball & roller bearings
* Perform horizontal laser equipment alignment tasks
* Perform basic pipe fitting and welding
* Proficient in rigging/lifting fundamentals required for large equipment replacements
* Proficient at using hand tools, portable electric tools & maintenance shop equipment
* Basic machinist tasks (e.g. cut and broach keyways on drive line components, minor parts modifications, etc )
* Rebuild spare equipment and components.
* Precision measurements of bearing fits and mounting tolerances.
* Identify, plan, execute mechanical maintenance tasks
* Work within an operations driven team environment to resolve issues and improve performance
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Journeyman level skills supported by successful completion of a certified mechanical training program or apprenticeship in a relevant discipline (machinist, certified welder, etc ) min. 2 yr. training requirement
* Minimum 3 years mechanical maintenance experience in an industrial manufacturing setting
* Proven safety record that demonstrates solid performance
* Able to perform physically demanding tasks, work at heights and within confined spaces
* Must understand preventive/predictive/proactive maintenance concepts
Essential Skills in the following:
* Millwright duties
* Proficient in laser alignment
* Rebuild procedures of gearboxes, pumps, agitators, etc
* Knowledge of pump types and where used.
* Knowledge of coupling types and where used
* Demonstrated proficiency in using precision measurement tools
* Demonstrated proficiency in welding
* Demonstrated knowledge in pipe layout and fabrication
* Demonstrated operational knowledge of lathe, milling machine and hydraulic press
* Demonstrated proficiency in interpreting drawings and blue prints.
* 5 years' experience as a Maintenance Mechanic OR completion of an approved apprenticeship program or technical associate's degree, with a minimum of 36 months related industrial experience.
* Training in LEAN tools and concepts
* Experience with high-speed manufacturing and converting equipment
* Basic computer skills in SAP, Microsoft Word, Outlook and other Windows applications
* Strong communication and leadership skills, including self-motivation
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
IMPORTANT-WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS, OR ANY POSITION WITHIN KIMBERLY-CLARK, IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU UPDATE YOUR CANDIDATE PROFILE WITH YOUR RESUME
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-AL-Mobile
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time