Maintenance Mechanic 8/27/2016
Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Perform inspections, repairs, and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment.
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks on the mechanical systems including inspection and lubrication.
* Routine replacement of bearings, idlers, dust collector bags, gearboxes, and drive belts will be required.
* Initiate work orders as required
* Understand the installation and maintenance of all types of bearings.
* Perform shaft repairs using precision tools.
* Must be able to disassemble and rebuild all types of screening and conveying equipment.
* Able to use equipment manuals, parts lists or blue prints to properly install, repair, or order parts.
* Ensure all parts are available before starting job.
Physical Demands Include but are not limited to;
* Working in inclement weather conditions.
* Exposure to high industrial high temperatures, noise, and dust.
* Lift/pull/drag in excess of 100 lbs.
* Must be well versed on all aspects of safety.
* Comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety regulations at all times.
* Complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner.
* Ensure maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired or replaced when necessary.
* Improve skills by participating in vendor and company-designated training.
* Train on any new equipment installations.
Fabrication and pipe fitting skills
* Ability to weld, cut and grind using various pieces of equipment
* Layout and marking ability
* Able to work from plans or field drawing
* Must have welding experience.
* Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
* Must be able perform basic mathematical computations
* Ability to detect potential problems through observation in the field.
* Must be able to work seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
* Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs
* Self-Motivated and must be able to work independently
* Good decision making skills.
* Knowledge of basic computer skills.
* Must be able to access all plant locations and perform the essential job duties of this position, including heavy lifting over 100 pounds. This could include heights of 100 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs.
* Previous experience operating heavy equipment is a plus.
* Ability to read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, blue prints, mechanical drawings, safety rules, standard operating procedures, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
* Knowledgeable of current environmental regulations and practices as they relate to the lime industry.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Journeyman experience and skill in maintenance and repair of heavy industrial equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
For this position, being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)