This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaintenance Mechanic
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Provides mechanical technical support to the Plant regarding a specialized area of expertise - Troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and failures.
Reports to Maintenance Team Manager
This position requires the following demonstrated skills/abilities:
* Utilize resources efficiently to produce quality products.
* Demonstrate ability to analytically troubleshoot issues.
* Manage, maintain, and provide input into the development of equipment, process improvements, and personnel assets.
* Demonstrate process knowledge, including product design, the ability to centerline and phase the product/process, and process set-up.
* Computer literacy, e-mail [MS Outlook], SAP, If other systems needed, company will provide appropriate training.
* Organize and support a team environment that promotes safety, housekeeping, quality, and constructive relationships.
* Manage multiple priorities.
* Accept and give feedback (positive and constructive) from/to co-workers and team leader.
* Good communication (both oral and written) - has the ability to listen and pass information to others.
* Model and use good interpersonal skills.
* Be flexible, reliable, and a self-starter.
* Confront unsafe acts.
* Work effectively in a team environment.
* Contribute to an environment in which all team members are treated with dignity and respect, regardless of their individual differences.
The principle responsibilities listed below identify typical activities required of the position, but the list is not intended to be all-inclusive. For more information regarding the physical and physiological requirements, see the job site analysis located in the nurses' office.
* Follow all site and asset safety practices and procedures and must value working safely.
* Actively participates in failure analysis and equipment / systems troubleshooting.
* Supports the planning and execution of daily/weekly/and shutdown activities.
* Identifies patterns of failures and ways to design out failures.
* Participates in cost effective decision making, for example: labor, parts, and materials.
* Is a team player who continually demonstrates adult behavior and actively participates with team and others to provide the highest level of service and equipment to the site.
* Create and keep maintenance and repair records.
* Candidate must become proficient in using the SAP CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
* Remove/replace rotating equipment such as motors, gearboxes and pumps.
* Proficient at shaft alignment using laser alignment equipment.
* Rebuild rotating equipment such as gearboxes and pumps.
* Understand bearing removal and installation practices.
* Proficient at packing or mechanical seal installation.
* Repair belt, drag, chain and sprocket conveyor systems.
* Troubleshoot manufacturing equipment.
* Value in preventive and predictive maintenance practices such as daily rounds, lubrication and vibration analysis.
* Practice/understand rigging fundamentals.
* Understand safe oxygen and acetylene torch.
* Welding & Carpentry skills
* Build scaffolding
* Some pipefitting skills
* Proficient at using hand tools, portable electric tools and stationary shop equipment
* Qualified in the safe and proper use of standard test equipment.\
* Maintain BOMs for each asset.
* Keep all PM task sheets up to date and accurate.
* Lead all downtime coordination activities.
* Attend machine down coordination meetings
* Identify and coordinate tasks for all downs.
* Lead all dynamic and static PMs
* Lead Pre-down Planning Meeting - Outcome: Scope and schedule for down developed\
* Lead Final Coordination Meeting - Outcome: Detailed plan with resources assigned
* Lead Post Down Review - review activities and results of the downtime. Review Plus/Delta for down.
* Stage Parts for down
* Consult with Asset Leader to determine priority of needed repairs found during any planned down.
* Develop technical expertise for your asset.
* Lead resolution of process problems/troubleshooting which require lengthy and persistent attention.
* Perform MPL (maintenance project lead) duties for any project on assigned asset.
* Be a liaison between Engineering and Maintenance. Take process issues and work with engineers to identify solutions.
* Work with asset team to develop a daily plan for resolving issues.
* Support the manufacturing processes and complete miscellaneous work orders for the specific asset.
* Be actively involved in weekly priority meetings and project meetings. Assist in prioritizing work requests.
* Take initiative during unscheduled downtime to perform if down tasks.
* Willingness to help Asset Team when called.
* Priorities will be based on input from the entire asset team. Whether to focus on mid to long-range improvement
* Work with Engineering to address SMED opportunities.
* Provide input on projects by attending design reviews.
* Be actively involved in spare parts decisions.
* Assist Shift Maintenance in addressing safety issues immediately.
* Provide assistance to Shift Maintenance in resolving short term issues.
* Review and assist with revising and creating LOPs and SOPs.
* Review and assist with revising, creating and completing Preventative and Predictive activities.
* Focused improvement efforts: Development of action plans to improve equipment reliability by eliminating failures, increasing the life cycle or changing the mode of failure
* Assist in the redesign - if repair costs continue to be high and failure continues, redesign may be necessary to eliminate the problem
* Work with Reliability Specialist to keep PM's updated.
* Interface with work requestors, engineering, and asset teams to better understand and coordinate proper job planning.
* Develop technical expertise in the area of Ultrasonic technology. Maybe called upon as a technical resource.
* Maybe called upon as a technical resource in their area of specialty.
* Maybe required to work with outside vendors.
* Maybe required to plan and prioritize own work
* Maybe required to work in the field as needed.
* Maintain communication between maintenance, operations and engineering (E-mail, logbook).
* Respond to general plant issues. Work with shift crew to insure general plant problems are addressed in an efficient fashion.
* Update Task Lists for maintenance grade changes
* High School Diploma or GED
* Journeyman State Certification OR formal four year apprenticeship
* 5 years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic
* Basic Computer Skills
* Ability to work at heights, in pits and in confined spaces
* Ability to work holidays, overtime and weekends if needed
* A commitment to working effectively in a team environment
* Strong communication and leadership skills, including self-motivation
* High degree of people skills and be able to effectively communicate with many
with many different people on a daily basis.
* Must work safely and abide by all safety rules and regulations.
* Have a commitment to quality work and production of a quality product.
* Work with no supervision or in a team to complete work on time
* Work with operations to repair or solve issues.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable pa