Maintenance Mechanic Plumber PRN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Code: 00456-4265
PLUMBER / MAINTENANCE MECHANIC - PRN
Northwest Medical Center
Join a dynamic team of healthcare providers in a friendly work environment. We're dedicated to the highest quality patient care and we're looking for dedicated, qualified, compassionate professionals to become part of our team. Northwest Medical Center offers supportive management, great benefits and flexibility. A 223-bed medical center, we continue to expand and integrate the latest technology into patient care.
Our facility features a state of the art CV Tower and newly expanded 53-bed Emergency Room, the largest in South Florida, providing increased opportunity for professional growth.
Northwest Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for four consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
* Maintains working area and equipment in accordance with environmental and safety regulations.
* Performs general maintenance functions as directed by the Director of Engineering.
* Follows policies and procedures as outlined in Hospital and departmental fire and safety plans.
* Immediately identifies, sequesters and informs the Engineering Director of any malfunctioning equipment.
* Achieves and reduces maintenance and utility costs through improved operational procedures.
* Reviews all work orders and immediately calls to the attention of the Director all orders which cannot be completed.
* Repairs, installs, replaces sewer and drain systems utilizing soldering and welding if needed.
* Shows working knowledge and ability to perform medium task assignments in air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and carpentry.
* Completes plumbing maintenance as required.
* Demonstrates skill and knowledge base of all routine and specialized equipment used in the performance of duties.
* Assists other maintenance personnel as needed.
* Maintains life safety system.
* Does repairs as directed to vertical and horizontal surfaces such as floors, walls and ceilings.
* Maintains all exterior hard surfaces (asphalt, concrete walks and curbs).
* Maintains interior and exterior lighting including changing out ballasts, diagnosis of problems utilizing testing equipment and piping as required.
* Performs routine maintenance for Family Health Center and Medical Office Buildings as assigned.
* Does necessary interior and exterior painting
* Installs and maintains CAT 5 cable for voice and data networks utilizing Nordex specifications as well as fiber optics as needed.
* Must have High School Diploma or GED
* 1-3 years of previous Plumber experience
* Hospital experience strongly preferred
* Licensed Plumber strongly preferred
* Good written and verbal communication skills strongly preferred
* Must be able to bend, climb, squat, and kneel.
* Must be able to push/pull up to 100lbs
* Must be able to lift/carry up to 75lbs
Last Edited: 09/07/2016