Maintenance Mechanic (Production Floor) 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
Are you searching for long-term employment with a strong
company offering a solid track record of success? If you
have the qualities necessary to be a UniFirst team
partner, and the skill-set to succeed, then this is an
opportunity for you to join our growing Fortune 500
Established in 1936, UniFirst is a leading supplier of
uniforms and workwear-related products used by more than
250,000 business locations in North America and abroad.
In addition to providing a wide range of apparel, from
traditional uniforms, industrial wear, specialty and
protective clothing to corporate casual and executive
attire, UniFirst also manufactures and supplies the
Facility Service products that our customers need most.
Our US production facility in Cave City, Arkansas
specializes in the Manufacture & Distribution of a
growing line of products that includes Commercial Mats,
Mops, Microfiber and Linens. We are currently seeking a
full-time Maintenance Technician for our Production
Dept. A strong skill-set and experience in a
Manufacturing setting are absolutely essential.
* Work independently on routine tasks, as well as
accept direction on given assignments.
* Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders
to perform required maintenance and machine
* Have a basic understanding of ladder logic or PLC
* Utilize a solid working knowledge of general safety
practices, along with the ability to recognize
safety concerns and successfully take the initiative
to modify/fix appropriately without direction.
* Understand basic Hydraulic and Electrical systems
along with associated safety practices.
* Attention to detail in following standardized
preventative maintenance plans on a daily, weekly,
monthly, semi-annual, and annual schedule.
* Able to competently prioritize and address
maintenance issues as they arise, and to clearly and
accurately complete required documentation for each
* Prepare and set-up machinery for scheduled
* Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production
equipment while production is in process, and
perform routinely-scheduled maintenance repairs of
production equipment during machine service.
* Resolve auxiliary equipment issues.
* Provide appropriate support (as necessary) to
Material Handling / Receiving crews.
* Other duties as assigned.
* LOTO and Forklift certification.
* Completion of an Accredited two-year Technical
College Program in a related field of study.
* 3-5 years Related Experience.
* Mechanic skills including (but not limited to)
Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic
troubleshooting and repair of Production Machines.
* Positive Work Ethic and Initiative to address and
resolve issues that arise in the immediate
* Some individual jobs may require heavy lifting (up
to 75 lbs) and pushing of heavy carts.
UniFirst offers an excellent benefits package. Qualified
applicants can apply on our website: www.unifirst.com
UniFirst Corporation is an EEO/Affirmative Action