This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: --Maintenance Mechanic
Job Summary: --
Responsible for repair and maintenance of building related mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air handling units, and other building mechanical systems. Work involves the lifting of heavy mechanical equipment and apparatus, and may be performed in areas of extreme heat or cold. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns. Performs preventive maintenance and tenant services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
Within the limits of company policies, plans, and approved budgets and consistent with the management philosophy, the Building Mechanic has the responsibility and commensurate authority to accomplish the following duties:
* Routine and preventive maintenance duties including filter changes, lubrication, control and performance check.
* Replace bearings, motors, and dampers.
* Repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, air handling units, motors.
* Perform minor carpentry tasks, repair or replace door hardware, locks, panic bars etc.
* Repair all restroom fixtures clear drain obstructions
* Replace & install electrical circuits
* Perform minor electrical tasks to include bulb and ballast replacement..
* Clean coils in air handling units and convectors to maintain optimum heat exchange.
* Operate sprinkler & alarm systems, place systems out of service and drain for testing purposes
* Test operate and inspect fire/life safety systems and standby generators
* Requisition necessary material to complete required repairs.
* Inspect mechanical, electrical systems, record inspections, write reports to Supervisors.
* Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
* Mechanical Trades or Trade School training or,
* Minimum of four ( 4) years experience in maintenance, and repair of building mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance.
* Familiarity with operation of building auxiliary systems i.e. fire-life safety, standby emergency generators.
* Ability to write, execute written and oral instructions and perform arithmetic calculations.
* Strong knowledge of safe work practices and procedures typical for maintenance operations
* Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks
Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
* CFC certification as required to repair building HVAC systems
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled