Maintenance Mechanic 2nd Shift - Industrial 8/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY _COMPANY IS A DIVERSIFIED CHEMICAL MANUFACTURER AND DISTRIBUTOR._
Company is seeking an experienced maintenance mechanic. This position will complement an existing maintenance/production team comprised of other skilled and experienced team members.
* High level of competency in maintenance skills and experience (7+ years)
* Supervise daily plaint maintenance activities.
* Focus on mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, chemical processes in regard to preventive maintenance and new construction.
* Experience in plumbing and pipe fitting desired.
* Ability to work safely with strict adherence to established standard operating procedures, safety protocols, OSHA requirements and industry safety practices.
* Ability to work in a variety of physical environmental conditions (hot, cold, wet, dry, etc.)
* Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. on a relatively regular basis and meet all other physical requirements of the position.
* Demonstrated ability to follow detailed instructions (verbal and written).
* History of demonstrated skills and abilities in the utilization of hand tools and equipment (JLG, forklifts, etc.) and systems related to industrial plant maintenance.
* Ability to understand, interpret and follow technical construction and mechanical drawings and plans.
* Read, write, and understand the English language.
* Prior experience in a chemical or petro-chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
* Successful history of working in a team environment.
* Demonstrated ability to own work processes and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of and demonstrated application of general maintenance skills
* Complete projects as assigned by the plant manager and plant engineer. Schedule all daily maintenance activities
* Work with other maintenance team members to comprehensively complete maintenance projects.
* Successfully maintain plant assets and mechanical systems minimizing down-time and maximizing equipment utilization and equipment life.
* Shifts - Mostly days with possibility of some swing shift work.
BOTTOM LINE REQUIREMENTS:
1. 7 + YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN MAINTENANCE IN AN INDUSTRIAL ENVIRONMENT.
2. EXPERIENCE SUPERVISING DAILY PLANT MAINTENANCE ACTIVITIES.
3. EXPERIENCE WITH MECHANICAL, ELECTRICAL, HYDRAULIC, PNEUMATIC, CHEMICAL PROCESSES IN REGARD TO PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE AND NEW CONSTRUCTION.
4. LOCAL OR CLOSE ENOUGH FOR A SHORT EASY MOVE.
5. EXPERIENCE IN PLUMBING AND PIPE FITTING DESIRED.