Maintenance Mechanic 3rd Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Plant Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the
care and maintenance of all property and production
assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The
Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for staying up to
date on new products, equipment, technology and
* Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment
by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and
unplanned) on production, packaging, processing
equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous
supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas,
or air required for operations).
* Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown
* Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures,
electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders
to perform required maintenance and service
* Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting
computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or
reading SPC charts and data)
* Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation,
line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient
delivery, PH house)
* Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining
high quality standards
* Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters
and material handling equipment in performing duties
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any problems
and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by
reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all
required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety,
safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; Formal
Engineering/Maintenance Training desired
* 2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role
within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and
* 1 year minimum experience with one or more technical
experiences: Electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic,
electronic, computer controlled equipment, PLC and HVAC
* 1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipment
including lubricating, cleaning, material handling,
motor control, relay control, process control and
* Professional experience with ammonia refrigeration
* Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential
problems and independently take appropriate corrective
action to prevent component failures or equipment down
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend required
for virtually the entire shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment with
moderate to high noise volume.
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.