Maintenance Mgr. - Food Manufacturing 8/20/2016
El Dorado Springs, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE ARE SEEKING A MAINTENANCE MANAGER FOR A NOTED FOOD/BEVERAGE/DAIRY PRODUCTS MANUFACTURER.
The Maintenance Manager manages the planning and implementation of projects in the facility and oversees the Maintenance department in its support of the plant.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages all facets of the maintenance function in a 24/7 operation
* Oversees and provides direction and guidance to the Maintenance Supervisor
* Defines the facility's budgetary needs with changing volumes and products
* Accomplishes projects within the established budgetary and time constraints
* Reviews the implementation and timing of scheduled projects
* Works directly with contractors and vendors to ensure work is completed based on recognized standards and ensures that complete drawings and computer programs are obtained and maintained
* Prioritizes maintenance tasks within the facility
* Provides training for maintenance employees so that they possess the latest technology and skills
* Ensures that GMPs, policies, procedures, processes, and regulatory requirements are adhered to during every phase of the maintenance function
* EXPERIENCE IN FOOD OR BEVERAGE OR DAIRY PRODUCT MANUFACTURING, REFRIGERATION SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT
* Several years of experience in maintenance leadership
* Strong electrical and mechanical skills
* Working knowledge of PLC, logic, and computer control skills
* Demonstrated ability to create and manage large capital projects in a production environment
* Prior experience working in a union environment prefered, not required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Position demands flexibility in work hours to troubleshoot equipment, product issues, developmental or experimental production, training, and employee issues
* May require lifting a minimum of 50 lbs (25 kg) occasionally throughout the workday to demonstrate, for example, equipment installation, change motors, process piping installation, install pumps, etc.
* Position requires availability during off duty hours to answer technical questions, deal with employee issues, equipment issues, etc.
* Position may require that the individual enter equipment (confined space) via small openings to inspect the equipment or examine the equipment for structural issues (cracks in welds)
* May require sitting for long periods of time when developing procedures, systems, training materials, or attending meetings
* Position requires extensive work on a computer or man-machine interface (MMI) on a daily basis
* Individual must be willing to carry a company supplied cell phone during off duty hours to ensure availability
TITLES REPORTING TO POSITION
* 1 Maintenance Supervisor
* 12 Maintenance Technicians
* 1 Utility Worker