Maintenance Operations Manager 8/26/2016
Manufacturing / Printing & Paper Company
Niagara Falls, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We need a Technical Operations Manager with Supervisory experience to oversee 4-5 technical/process subject matter experts.
* Ensure as technical specialist, that unit action plans and manufacturing objectives are in line with group strategy.
* Develop and help implement standardized operations best practices, including managing performance indicators.
* Analyze and recommend manufacturing efficiency objectives for unit and support action plans.
* Support units continuous improvement initiatives.
* Make recommendations on selecting/modifying manufacturing equipment and optimizing it's performance.
* Assist with commissioning new equipment.
* Build a team of competent and dedicated people whose skills compliment another.
* Create a safe and healthy work environment for all department employees.
* Preferred candidate has a Bachelors Degree in science or engineering with a minimum of 10years of supervisory experience.
* Must have paper making experience, preferably in a container-board facility.
* Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize, maintain attention to detail and recognize time constraints.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Strong teamwork skills; desire to coach, develop and promote the success of a dynamic, goal orientated, and fast paced environment.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Suites and SAP