This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPREFERRED SKILLS:
* Associate's degree, apprenticeship program or technical school background is desirable and a minimum of 6 years of direct maintenance work experience.
* Mechanical/electrical background is required.
* Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
* Good math skills and computer skills including Excel and CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system)
* Exceptional organizational and planning skills
* Demonstrated ability to read standard blueprints, machine and process drawings with the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
* Knowledge and understanding of the maintenance processes and proper use of the work order system, planning and scheduling, and storeroom processes.
* Ability to manage multiple priorities or projects and keep them progressing to completion.
* Ability to accurately estimate labor hours, material requirement and skills needed to complete a job and must be able to visualize and communicate the execution of work.
* Must be able to practice time management skills.
* Ability to adhere to healthy safety practices.
* Adheres to all mill safety policies. Participates in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
* Plan, schedule and track needed parts, predictive maintenance readings, labor hours and work metrics with long term focus on increased reliability and increased productivity of the workforce.
* Approach all aspects of the work being performed with safety as the highest priority.
* Effectively communicate with supervisors in the Maintenance, Electrical and Production operational areas to ensure each area gets the needed maintenance service in a timely manner.
* Review work requests for accuracy, clarity, validity and cost.
* Review the work to be performed and determine the best way to accomplish the work consulting with Leads, Supervisors, Originator, Production Supervisors and Stores as necessary.
* Obtain and organize all information and parts required for the crafts to perform the work: drawings, vendor manual, sketches, drawings, notes or any instructional material for clarity. Information and parts to be referenced through the Computer Managed Maintenance Systems (CMMS) system.
* Update and identify missing procedures, additional parts, tool lists, lock out sheets or other improvements that need implementation before the work is assigned the next time.
* Communicate and manage the status of work control and backlog from submission to work order completion. Communicate daily and report backlog weekly.
* Work with Stores to track and manage spare part usage in the CMMS system to maximize turns but minimize risk of using critical spares.
* Provide labor and cost estimates based on historical labor, material and outside services.
* Manage list of predictive maintenance data points/criteria including vibration, temperature, operating pressure, operating range, etc.
* Function as part of the Maintenance Management team utilizing lean manufacturing tools to increase machine reliability utilizing CMMS, Pareto charts, Kaizen events, Autonomous Maintenance, FMEA and other lean manufacturing tools as directed.
* Continuously improve job estimates, planning and scheduling by receiving feedback from maintenance supervisors, maintenance leads, production supervisors, engineers and production planners.
* Support the maintenance and planning groups in the mill to improve shutdown efficiencies and reduce unplanned downtime.