This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
Saint Gabriel, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Maintenance Planner
Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls has an opening at the St. Gabriel, Louisiana facility for a Maintenance Planner. This role improves maintenance workforce effectiveness through proper planning and coordination of parts, equipment and people.
The Maintenance Planner plans work for quality and efficiency and contributes to the effective utilization of the maintenance budget. The Planner maintains information to permit meaningful analysis of results and work completed and promotes both a safe working environment and work practices.
Responsibilities include developing maintenance job plans to improve the safety and productivity of the maintenance workforce and to optimize the utilization of company resources; developing maintenance scheduling processes for daily, weekly, monthly, annual and turnaround scheduling and developing; reporting financial, planning and scheduling metrics for area of responsibility; assuring proper documentation of completed jobs including equipment histories and as-built drawings; leading the development of preventive maintenance job tasks, standard job plans and schedules; leading the maintenance organization in development and utilization of SAP functions including functional location management and equipment management.
The Maintenance Planner manages the work order backlog and provides guidance for control while striving to improve maintenance cost and ensuring the timely reporting of expenditures; assists with department budgeting and expenditure forecasting.
He or she will coordinate work with other areas, disciplines or contractors as part of the job plan; interact with Reliability Engineers, Maintenance Supervisors, Operations Supervisors and Mechanics to improve maintenance productivity and equipment performance and work with Engineering, Supply Chain, Maintenance and others on vendor standardization and consolidation.
This position supports Maintenance Excellence initiatives, keeps abreast of leading technologies in the Planning, Scheduling and Storeroom areas and promotes site activities to bridge gaps; assists in the optimization of the storeroom inventory and works with maintenance to optimize shop stock value and participates in EHS inspections and identifies follow up actions for inclusion in the scheduling process.
* High school degree or equivalent with 10+ years maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment, chemical plant preferred
* 7+ years' experience as a maintenance planner
* Journeymen level or NCCER certification in one or more crafts (Pipefitter, Welder, Millwright, Electrician or Instrumentation) preferred
* Must have computer skills including Word and Excel. Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office and other maintenance scheduling tools preferred. Proficiency with SAP PM Module is strongly preferred
* Must be able to digest and disseminate written information and make numerical calculations sufficiently to perform assigned general and specific duties and responsibilities
* Proactive problem solving approach focused on actions and ability to organize and prioritize
* Demonstrated understanding of industrial design standards, repair standards and maintenance practices and knowledge of proper equipment repair and proper operation
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and use of facilitation skills to align plant to business objectives
* Must be able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC).
* Occasional travel required
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer and distributor of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin Chlor Alkali Products and Vinyls is the world's leading producer or chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
Olin is an Equal Opportunity Employer . M/W/Vet/Disabled .