Maintenance Planning Engineers 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our client, a leading Industrial Gas company, is currently seeking Maintenance Planning Engineers to join their team in the Houston TX, Bethlehem, PA and Portland OR area. This individual will undertake maintenance and planning services that ensure that all plants within the region are capable and effectively managed for safety, reliability, and efficiency in compliance. A great company, decent compensation and excellent benefits make this a very compelling opportunity for individuals that want to progress in their career.
* Supports the business in achieving key outcomes in safety, reliability, efficiency, cost and customer service.
* Collaborate with the Operations Maintenance Coordinator and the Zone managers to build and maintain the weekly schedule for the General Maintenance Services contractors to safely and efficiently execute plant maintenance.
* Both tracks and drives the improvement of all of the General Maintenance Services process KPIs.
* Supports the maintenance and continuous improvement of the preventative maintenance plans in SAP PM for the supply area.
* Supports the Area Reliability and Maintenance team by establishing a culture of safety in the planning and execution of all aspects of the teams duties.
* Assure that appropriate technical expertise is provided to all planned and unplanned maintenance and repair activities in the area.
* Assure that competent internal and external work execution resources are assigned to maintenance activities within the area.
* Assure the effectiveness and efficiency of the area's Preventive Maintenance Programs and that they are modified to capture lessons learned from RCFA, RCM Studies, and Work Order feedback.
* Plans and schedules Preventive Maintenance activity including CBM recommendations for the area.
* Assures that critical spare parts are identified and stocked within the area and that consumed critical spare parts are replaced or repaired and returned to the appropriate warehouse.
* Assure that all TAR (and Relife) objectives are defined for runtime duration, availability, reliability, budget, and schedule.
* Lead TAR scope development, planning and scheduling for the area to achieve operational, budget, and schedule objectives.
* Assures that all maintenance activity within the area is properly approved and within budgets set for each site
* Leads or supports root cause analysis and ensures timely action item closure
* Ensures compliance with all safety, health, environmental and quality standards within the area
* Develops an understanding of basic plant operational management in terms of process, budgeting, reliability, maintenance and personnel management
* Develops an understanding of the various types of equipment found in process plants such as compressors, pumps, electrical systems, process control and instrumentation, piping and vessels and heat exchangers
* As assigned by the Regional Reliability and Maintenance Manager, performs engineering and managerial functions
* Conduct Training sessions on Process Operations for Technician at various plant locations
* Develop and Implement Equipment Specific Maintenance Plans from company standards
* Loss prevention, safety and quality management
* Provides maintenance support to unplanned repairs
* Continuous operational performance improvement management
* Represent the plant and/or region for turnarounds, commissioning, projects and general business meetings and events
* Supports the effort for continuous improvement through GAP, Six Sigma and other process improvement programs
* Ensures that applicable material procurement and control processes are consistent with company standards for corporate governance
* BachelorDegree Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical discipline preferred
* Minimum of 10years general operations experience
* Minimum of 5years in an operational planning, scheduling and execution in an engineering environment
* Demonstrated exceptional operational safety leadership
* Experience using a CMMS to plan maintenance (SAP PM experiencepreferred)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Cause and Effect or FMEA methodologies
* Knowledge of predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
* Proven understanding of regulatory and industry standards and codes
* Air Separation experience and knowledge preferred
* Six Sigma qualification a plus
* Possesses strong communications skills
* Attention to detail
* Demonstrated ability to follow through to completion on projects and issues
* Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment or independently as required
* Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes/programs
* Knowledgeable in plant operations. Can effectively identify and evaluate technical and business process opportunities and translate to financial terms to support investment and business case development
* Continuous improvement drive and ability to implement change in a geographically diverse organization. Relentless drive to challenge the status quo.
* Management by influence, experience delivering results in a highly matrixed organization and the ability to influence others to deliver results.
* Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple activities and achieve results with minimal supervision