Maintenance Seasonal Team Leader Internship / Co-Op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 2/1/2017
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Internship / Co-op - Seasonal Team Leader - Maintenance (MAY/JUNE THROUGH DEC. 2017, MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR FULL SEASON)
This is a leadership position that works closely with and oversees a maintenance team of mechanics and electricians who support our manufacturing facility. The seasonal supervisor will report to the Maintenance Manager and work closely with the senior supervision on shift. This position is responsible for ensuring all key performance targets are met as well as maintaining a clean safe work environment.
Establish improvement plans for Maintenance groups assigned. Leads activities of Maintenance associates, develops/drives equipment reliability plans, oversees the development of maintenance personnel, and leads technical trouble-shooting as needed.
1. Leads the activities of maintenance associates on a daily basis (distributing planned work, deploying appropriate personnel to address emergency work, monitoring completion/quality of work, identifying/addressing safety concerns/at risk behaviors and scheduling daily/weekend overtime work).
2. Partners with Manufacturing Team Leader/Team Members to troubleshoot equipment issues and develop action plans to prevent recurrence.
3. Develops and executes plans to improve maintenance systems
4. Provides ongoing substantive feedback and annual formal reviews with maintenance associates
5. Leads root cause failure analysis for equipment downtime
6. Participates in training and other developmental activities.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Currently in pursuit of Bachelors degree (prefer technical field of study i.e. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- Availability to work from May/June to December
- Ability to work any shift, including overtime, and to work with limited guidance
- Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new computer programs (SAP and Kronos)
- Demonstrated leadership ability (leading by example, holding others accountable, resolving conflict, etc.)
- Demonstrated organizational & analytical skills that help optimize results
- Strong background in PLCs
- Demonstrated ability to develop/coordinate and/or deliver technical training
- Results oriented
- Experience and passion for engaging the team in continuous improvement
- Ability to give and receive reinforcing/improvement feedback
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- High sense of urgency and highly motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- We are a 24x7 operating plant. Individual may work for extended periods on weekends or nightshift
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.