Maintenance Service Professional
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Compact Power Equipment Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Primary Responsibilities:
* Preventative maintenance service on light industrial equipment found in big box retailers, The Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy
* Respond to preventative maintenance service calls & arrive on-site within contract time frames
* Display good judgment in investigating and solving problems
* Use of hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines
* Maintain spare parts inventory of parts provided by Compact Power
* Take initiative in looking for ways to reduce costs and increase profits
* Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic in order to prevent return and warranty trips
* Follow set dispatch schedule as generated by Click; unless directed by management. Submitting completed documented paperwork daily.
* Must use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
* Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers
* Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property
* Abide by OSHA regulations and safety policies and procedures
* 4 (10) schedule Monday - Thursday. Starting on day shift and eventually transitioning to 3rd shift.
* Overnight travel covering a region that could span a 300 mile radius
* Ability to lift up to 80 lbs safely
* Ability to climb equipment and work at heights up to 15 - 20 feet on occasion
* Sitting, driving for extended periods
* Valid driver's license for the state in which you live and work
* Experience in machine repair and troubleshooting
* Adaptable mechanical aptitude with the ability to perform minor light industrial equipment repair
* Basic Electrical is a plus but not required
* Capable of performing general preventive maintenance, changing batteries, saw blades, and using a grease gun
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Need excellent customer service skills, must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
* Demonstrated mechanical knowledge
* Read & understand parts lists and schematics
* REQUIRED familiarity and comfort with smart phone or tablet technology
* Must reside within a 15 mile radius of the target city or be will to drive personal vehicle to a designated target city,
* Good driving record
* High School Diploma, GED, Technical or Trade School