Maintenance Specialist / EH&S
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 12/27/2016
Irvine Light Industrial, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for one of our prestige's clients located in the city of Irvine, California.
The Maintenance Tech is accountable to directly support all Environmental, Health, and Safety and operations functions by ensuring equipment can achieve maximum possible unit availability, reliability and efficiency at all times. In addition to preparing and controlling departmental budgets, direct the maintenance efforts of site, and contracted personnel in the completion of maintenance activities. The Maintenance Tech also develops and implements short- and long-range plans with specific goals to maximize the value of plant assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Site owner for all Environmental, Health, and Safety Programs
- Develops and implements a long range strategic improvement maintenance plan.
- Implement all elements of the Safety Program.
- Implements and improves proactive activities including Preventive and Predictive Maintenance and TPM.
- Ensures that breakdowns or disruptions in the production processes are minimized.
- Implements programs to ensure regular inspection and maintenance of all the machinery in the facility.
- Leads the Maintenance department through driving efficiencies and departmental objectives.
- Plans maintenance and service activities in a way to maximize customer relationship with other departments.
- Manages department spending and performance, initiates programs and procedures to reduce spending and enhance performance.
- Participates in the selection of equipment.
- Communicates policies and ensures facility employees create a safe, productive and pleasant working environment.
- Acts as a liaison with stakeholders such as suppliers, managers and so on to prevent any probable delay.
- Diagnoses and assists in solving difficult maintenance problems and recurring malfunctions.
- Implements programs for loss analysis to develop improvement plans or root cause analysis.
- High School Diploma required
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task
- Cryogenics knowledge a plus
- Estimating, planning and scheduling
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; knowledge of personal computers and applications.