Maintenance Superintendent - Chemicals
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/6/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Global Chemical Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONThis position provides maintenance leadership and management to the execution teams for this Site. This position leads and directs the activities of this company and Contract employees for the safe, efficient, and effective execution of Routine, Turnaround, and Outage maintenance. This includes mechanical, instrument, and electrical maintenance, along with the work processes. This position ensures a culture of continuous improvement employing LEAN Manufacturing tools.
* Lead the development of maintenance goals, ensure implementation, monitor effectiveness, and take necessary actions to meet overall business objectives.
* Set goals for staff, consistent with business and department needs, and hold them accountable for delivering results. Provide coaching and direction to ensure that they successfully meet individual objectives. Track Team Performance for success (KPIs / Metrics).
* Manage talent development and succession planning for staff, including team development and building/maintaining an engaged workforce.
* Coach staff and support mutually agreed upon development needs and training opportunities.
* Conduct job assignments considering developmental opportunities, train and coach so employees can be successful.
* Support the development of reliability targets, consistent with business needs, and recommend necessary actions to achieve committed results.
* Ensure that required capabilities, essential skills and precision work practices are maintained for all and imbedded contract maintenance personnel.
* Manage personnel items including: performance reviews, compensation programs, discipline, conflict resolution, short and long term disability, accommodation, consistent enforcement of rules and policies, change management, on-boarding of new employees, and engage in effective and clear communication.
* Ensure all aspects of the maintenance execution work processes are being followed including notification, prioritization, planning, scheduling, execution, feedback, and reliability
* Ensure all routine, turnaround, and outage maintenance is executed in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
* Manage the work execution of this company and Contract employees. Ensure work execution productivity (Time on Tools) and first-time repair quality supporting optimized maintenance cost.
* Establish and monitor defined maintenance metrics and KPIs.
* Ensure the application of all safety rules, assuring Maintenance personnel are aware of and employing safe working practices and promoting safety programs and behaviors.
* Monitor accomplishments, validate, and report performance-to-plan in order to show trends and provide analyses with an emphasis on early performance indicators for the site.
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the overall maintenance work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency. Share with other areas and communicate lessons learned. Ensure consistent, use of best practices within maintenance execution.
* Provide communication on status of maintenance activities to appropriate stakeholders via reports, and oral and written communications where and when appropriate.
* Ensure all master data in the CMMS is maintained.
* Develop and implement the maintenance strategy for each plant in the area, in partnership with Asset Managers and technical maintenance leadership.
* Implement the reliability strategy for each plant in the area, in partnership with Asset Managers and technical maintenance leadership.
* Monitor and help to identify continuous improvement opportunities to enhance the overall maintenance work process and improve cost effectiveness and efficiency.
* Define and deliver the required level of maintenance to the operating units working in conjunction with the Asset Managers and technical maintenance leadership.
* Recognize the need for and develop outside specialty services contractors.
Understand, champion and implement LEAN activities via role modeling activities, sharing best practices and holding staff accountable.* Serve as a representative to Professional Maintenance Organizations, and local councils.
* Serve on their regional teams to develop and optimize maintenance execution, reliability, and work processes.
* Function as a Technical and work execution consultant for other sites on maintenance execution, reliability, and work process related topics.
LEADERSHIP CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
Coach and develop team members to reach their full potential
Support development assignments and movement of talent across units
Motivate and challenge to drive high performance
Commit to "hiring the best" internally and externally
Create an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity
Execute performance and career development discussions
Role model and enable development of competencies in others needed to implement strategy
Establish and support a safety culture in which all accidents are preventable
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
* BS Degree in an Engineering discipline and 5+ years of manufacturing, maintenance and/or reliabilityexperience or 10+ years of manufacturing, maintenance and/or reliabilityexperience in a chemical/petrochemical or other similar manufacturing operation required.
Broad based knowledge and experience of all maintenance and reliability technical systems and processes.
Ability to communicate effectively with facts and figures along with the ability to influence, persuade and negotiate. Strong interpersonal skills are required in this position.
Deal effectively with the unknown and unexpected.
Work collaboratively with diverse multiple stakeholders, including Production, Engineering, Maintenance, Procurement, Stores, Accounting, Project Engineers, Engineering Managers, Site Leadership Team, Manufacturing Support Services, etc.
Balance priorities across multiple plants and situations within resource constraints, while preserving a maintenance and engineering perspective and intent.
Ability to influence, motivate, and coach personnel and teams in a professional leadership role including the ability to support and affect change.