This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The maintenance superintendent directly supervises front-line supervisors as well as indirectly supervises hourly employees in the achievement of goals related to employee safety, equipment reliability, preventive/predictive maintenance, planned/unplanned repairs, facility maintenance, capital improvements and cost reduction.The position is responsible for appropriate training of personnel within the department as well as develops, implements and evaluates plans, work processes, systems and procedures to achieve short and long term goals and objectives. The position provides leadership and works with the maintenance staff to develop highly skilled, customer focused maintenance professionals fully capable of meeting the needs of the mill.The position also monitors performance and provides recognition, coaches for performance improvement and development, conducts regular formal and informal performance reviews, resolves personnel administrative matters, prepares annual expense budgets, monitors and controls spending, participates in daily meetings to plan and coordinate maintenance and operations activities, and recommends and implements changes to improve safety, reliability and cost. Additional responsibilities as needed to meet the needs of the organization.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering is preferred
* Prior supervisory experience should include 5-10years of demonstrated success in a diverse, heavy manufacturing environment
* Experience in a union environment is a plus
* Prior maintenance experience, pulp and paper equipment familiarity and knowledge of preventive/predictive maintenance concepts are all desired
* The successful candidate must have a proven track record to include proactively driving improvements in safety, environmental compliance, quality, productivity and cost reduction
* Exposure to lean manufacturing, continuous improvement and Six-Sigma is desired
* Managing & Measuring Work
* Developing Direct Reports & Others
* Managing Vision & Purpose
* Dealing with Ambiguity
* Problem Solving/Decision Quality