This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The position of the Maintenance Superintendent will support our shingle plant located in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Maintenance Superintendent is responsible for providing direction, coordination and support for the daily execution of the maintenance department's operating plan with the primary objective of maintaining the Plant's equipment and facilities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Supervise personnel to insure maintenance is performed correctly and in a timely manner
* Lead identified safety programs - LOTO, Hot Work, and others
* Lead and develop plant-wide maintenance strategy to improve equipment reliability
* Manage plant-wide maintenance budget
* Analyze maintenance problems and devise solutions to improve plant production, reduce downtime, prevent repeat failures and/or increase the time between scheduled preventative maintenance
* Develop and maintain a sustainable system for the training, evaluation, and development of employees to achieve plant operational goals
* Develop and maintain a sustainable system (workflow) that identifies work, plans jobs, schedules jobs, executes, audits, and continuously improves the quality and performance of the work being completed
* Develop and maintain a sustainable system that prioritizes plant equipment, and develops/executes preventative maintenance strategies to achieve operational goals
* Develop and execute equipment upgrades collaboratively with Production, Quality, and Engineering Departments
* Support and drive continuous process improvement
* Perform other duties as assigned
* 3-5 years demonstrated maintenance experience
* 2 years demonstrated supervisory experience with proven leadership and team building skills
* Proven work history that demonstrates successful accomplishments of new programs or processes by working collaboratively with others
* Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
* Advanced proficiency using root cause analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
* Intermediate proficiency in electrical distribution systems and instrumentation
* Intermediate proficiency in PLC programming, debugging and troubleshooting
* Advanced proficiency in maintaining electronic, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
* Advanced proficiency using variable frequency drives and AC &DC drives
* Knowledge of rotating equipment, machine design, bearings and lubrication
* Ability to read blueprints, schematics, shop drawings, and sketches
* Familiar with standard maintenance concepts, practices and procedures
* Ability to manage and direct the work of others
* A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please.