Maintenance Supervisor--Dannon 9/8/2016
The Dannon Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Dannon, a subsidiary of Danone, is looking for a Maintenance Supervisor--Dannon in the United States (US) for their Portland, Oregon manufacturing facility.
Danone is a global food company holding top positions in healthy food through its four businesses: Fresh Dairy Products, Early Life Nutrition, Waters, and Medical Nutrition. Its mission, bringing health through food to as many people as possible, embodies commitment to human progress and business success. It gives meaning to the work of our 100,000 Danoners worldwide on an everyday basis.
For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Danone truly has something special inside.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for working with the Technical Manager in developing, managing and leading a world-class maintenance organization for maintaining the Company's long-term competitiveness. This position requires candidates to demonstrate excellent team building, people management, leadership, strong interpersonal and communication skills, including face to face, written and presentation skills. This position is based in the Portland, Oregon manufacturing facility.
* Ensures that work is accomplished in a safe and efficient manner.
* Oversee and direct technician assignments basing decisions on manpower, technical ability and production priorities. Provides on-site expertise and maintains field presence.
* Communicate and coordinate with Production Supervisors and Plant Engineering to determine the most efficient and timely corrective action in response to equipment breakdowns.
* Reviews work planning and scheduling with the planner. Tracks schedule work assigns which includes corrective and preventive maintenance activities.
* Works with planner to standardize parts and equipment.
* Works with team and OEM to develop standard work procedures.
* Ensure employees are creating work orders.
* Verify that maintenance technicians document work activities in the CMMS and enter accurate and thorough information.
* Verify assigned work orders are completed in a timely manner and ensures work quality.
* Manages and approves maintenance technician s work hours, vacation, sick days, etc.
* Performs maintenance technician coaching, reviews and disciplinary actions. Verifies the qualification of maintenance personnel and recommends training as needed. Develops training programs and development/progression plans for maintenance personnel.
* Establish and influence the use of best practices and strategic benchmarks for assessing maintenance processes.
* Define and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for measuring progress.
* Develop strategic partnerships across the company and with third party contractors to increase overall reliability.
* Manages maintenance based work with contractors.
* Develop and manage cross-functional improvement teams. .
* Identify opportunities in establishment of the WCM model, assess progress and develop strategic programs for addressing the opportunities. Works with Plant or production supervisor to ensure first-line maintenance is being performed by operators
* Leads and direct effective interactions and positive cooperation through work relationships between all levels of the organization as topics relate to engineering to achieve business goals optimizing manufacturing output, quality, scheduling, reliability, safety, cost variance, and waste objectives.
* Champions organization s values by leading best practices in maintenance supporting Quality initiatives.
* Champions proactive maintenance and leads RCAs.
* Adhere to Company's strict compliance to PMO and FDA regulations, OSHA rules and Company guidelines for maintenance plans and projects.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
* BS/BA degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience.
* 1-3 years experience in food and/or chemical continuous processing plant preferred, or desire to work in manufacturing.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in maintenance systems development, management and implementation.
* Minimum 3-5 years experience in developing, leading, and executing proven maintenance reliability programs, management of maintenance budgeting processes, and frontline maintenance leadership.
* Experience managing smaller engineering and manufacturing project groups.
* Working knowledge of break down analysis/root cause analysis tools with preventative and predictive concepts, and lowest cost of ownership.
* Demonstrated ability to utilize Maintenance Performance Measurements (KPIs).
* Demonstrated understanding and prior utilization of maintenance planning and scheduling concepts.
* Demonstrated understanding and prior utilization of storeroom management concepts.
* Demonstrated understanding and prior utilization of maintenance best practices.
* Demonstrated understanding and prior utilization of applied mechanical, electrical and controls principles.
* Demonstrated execution of change management processes; with the ability to promote cultural change within the organization.
* Knowledge of integrated maintenance and business systems (SAP).
* Computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Power Point, Auto CAD Lite, and Microsoft Project.
* The ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
* The ability to operate in a team environment.
* The ability to adapt in a changing work environment.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you*
65488.Experience: Experienced professionals #LI-NORAM
The Dannon Company is a US-subsidiary of Danone, a Fortune 500 company and one of the most successful health-focused food companies in the world with leading positions in fresh dairy products, water, baby nutrition and medical nutrition. Danone s mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Our core values foster individual professional growth. We reward entrepreneurialism and innovation. There truly is something very special inside our company. You can see it reflected in our people, our products and our culture. If you like what you have learned, we encourage you to apply and learn more.
Dannon is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.
Nearest Major Market: Portland Oregon
Job Segment: Manager, ERP, SAP, CAD, Engineer, Management, Technology, Engineering