This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONBased in Waterford, New York, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. is a global leader in silicones, quartz and advanced materials, with a 70-year heritage of innovation and being first to market with performance applications that improve everyday life. Our solutions are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living and we work closely with some of the biggest brands in B2B and consumer worlds, covering a broad range of markets - from aerospace and automotive, to building and construction, personal care, and electronics.
Momentive materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Momentive, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Momentive, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
* Challenging position requiring strong maintenance supervising, planning and interpersonal skills
* Responsible for planning and scheduling maintenance related activities interfacing with operators, Production Management, engineers, and contractors.
* Responsible for supervising unionized hourly workforce
* Position to fill as a maintenance shift supervisor
* Determine and assign craftsmen for specific jobs.
* Monitors productivity and progress of specific jobs.
* Verify parts availability and order necessary parts for the daily maintenance schedule
* Complete key metrics to drive business initiatives in the maintenance organization
* Knowledge of Microsoft office applications
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Excellent organizational skills
Required Work Experience:
* Maintenance experience in chemical manufacturing environment
* Previous experience supervising unionized workforce
* Process knowledge of special chemical operations
* Supervision of craftspeople including administration of Code of Conduct and CBA
* Prioritize job assignments, drive continuous improvements and safety related activities
* Position to work Monday through Friday
BS Engineering, BA Business or AS in Manufacturing or Maintenance related field or Equivalent work related experience
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through momentive.com, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.