This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Little Rock, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY: Supervises and assists in maintaining and repairing physical structure of buildings by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned at management's discretion.
* Performs, directs and assists workers with structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings (including, but not limited to - electrical, plumbing, penning, etc.)
* Coordinates, schedules and monitors projects assigned to contractors and/or contracted work crews.
* Requisitions tools, equipment and supplies for maintenance staff to perform work at facilities.
* Responsible for maintenance and repair of the following: Power Washer Systems, feed systems, fresh water systems, recycle systems, controllers, cool cells, electrical systems and other areas as directed by Maintenance Manager.
* Responsible for welding of all building equipment including load out chutes, and fabrications of some penning or gating.
* Maintain accurate and timely work records, complete paperwork daily.
* Follow Seaboard Foods written bio-security policies and procedures. Observe current bio-security positioning list - in regards to entering production or support facilities. Must be able to respond in the event of emergency situations.
* Have a good working relationship with all maintenance, production, and support personnel.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the work environment, knowledge, skills, and/or ability required or preferred. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as listed below.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Five years experience and/or training in maintenance and/or construction preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and work orders. Ability to write simple correspondence.
REASONING ABILITY AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work with all types of electrical equipment and tools Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The duties of this job requires a person to stoop, bend, work off of knees, climb ladders and work in high areas up to 130 feet, work in dark areas and work in confined spaces after trained to do so. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management. Occasionally, changes in schedule will be required as special circumstance arise.
Seaboard Foods is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Veteran / Disability Employer