This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/16/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Budget Scope: Applies basic skills to ensure product meets company specifications. Training will include demonstration of skills required to verify and prove comprehension. This could be in the form of written, verbal and/or demonstration for compliance.
General Description: Responsible for assisting the Maintenance Manager in the efficient maintenance of the facility and equipment. Supports quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards during the absence of the Maintenance Manager, the Assistant Maintenance Manager will assume all responsibilities associated with the management of the engineering department.
* Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or their designee. Assists Maintenance Manager in maintaining the facility and equipment in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to meet daily production requirements.
* Supervises the established preventative maintenance program which includes lubrication, inspections and
* engineering sanitation schedules to minimize production down time.
* Participates in the selection, training and development of the engineering department staff.
* Assists in the scheduling of engineering staff to support schedules, production and non-production hours.
* Helps maintain the engineering department s shop and equipment.
* Assists in purchasing and maintaining proper inventory levels of equipment spare parts.
* Consults with Maintenance Manager on long and short term improvement needs.
* Assists the Maintenance Manager in managing the engineering department within all policy and budgetary
* Facilitates open communication with each subordinate and department head to ensure equipment problems are
* addressed on a timely basis.
* Assists in maintaining comprehensive and complete engineering records, including preventative maintenance
* manuals and capital expenditure requests.
* Contributes to the production of a consistent quality product through maintaining and updating facility engineering
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other
* personnel throughout the Company.
* This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
* Supports quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food
* safety and quality standards.
Education/Experience Requirements: Experience Level 3-10 years. Education Minimum Level 12 years, plus Technical Training; Desired EDU Level 16 years, plus industry related coursework, i.e., BRC. & SAP. standards, product quality (success rates), cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield). Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems. Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment. Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex mathematical equations.
Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements: The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time. Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
Typical work schedule: M-F; 3rd shift
Northlake, Illinois, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.