EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and is currently recruiting for a Supervisor, Maintenance to be located in St. Louis, MO
EMD Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
The purpose of this position is to manage the St. Louis Calibration, Building Management System & Maintenance Quality functions following cGMP guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities.
* Counsel and develop personnel, which include reviews, training, and educating.
* Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities and tracking metrics.
* Evaluate Personnel performance and provide Guidance.
* Stay current on Technological changes.
* Stay current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues.
* Supervise St. Louis Building Management System (BMS) activities
* Understand & manage the M.O.C. process. Supervise the Maintenance activity as it relates to SAP-PM
* Collaborate with St. Louis Quality & MRB s for NCR & CAPA actions as it relates to Maintenance/Calibration.
* Manage the Calibration program as it relates to 21CFR820.72 & ISO 13485
Education: Associates or Bachelor Degree (Technical based, Engineering Preferred).
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of related maintenance experience
Must have all of the following behavioral skills/abilities:
* Management of Change Process effectively.
* Use good documentation (GDP) practices.
* Direct contractors and other technicians in completing work.
* Communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Generate and lead process improvements.
* Excellent organizational and Lean manufacturing skills.
* Leadership skills.
* Self-motivated and high productivity skills.
* Ability to accept direction and meet deadlines
Direct, plan, schedule and report all activities as it relates to maintenance repairs. This includes all demand, preventive, predictive and calibration activities. Must be able to:
* Plan, schedule and direct all work.
* Report on progress against established maintenance work metrics.
* Track Calibrations, standards traceability.
* Account for all work and activities, issue financial & regulatory reports.
* Manage the work order backlog for BMS activity.
* Establish spare parts inventory and shop equipment for BMS & Calibrations.
Counsel and develop personnel, which includes reviews, training, and educating. Must be able to:
* Develop personnel by identifying training needs and providing required training.
* Counsel personnel to resolve conflicts, and personal problems.
* Have a development plan for each employee.
* Develop leadership and management skills through training and education.
* Lead maintenance technicians in Process Improvement / Lean activities.
Communicate accomplished work by establishing priorities and tracking metrics. Must be able to:
* Communicate the work to be done completely and clearly with craftsmen
* Use goal setting and delegation methods.
* Support decision-making at the lowest possible level.
* Conduct communication meetings with technicians on a weekly basis.
* Establish/Manage Process/ Facility systems metrics to track operation.
Evaluate Personnel performance and provide Guidance. Must be able to:
* Handle performance evaluations and provide guidance to employee.
* Handle discipline and use positive reinforcement with proper documentation.
* Provide proper attendance recordkeeping, review and approve time cards and manage attendance.
* Set goals for each employee. And provide feedback on their performance.
* Establish personal development plans for each employee.
Stay current on Technological changes. Must be able to:
* Attend technical seminars, trade shows, etc.
* Review literature in your field.
* Improve personal certification in field of responsibility.
* Improve personal competency in another discipline(s).
Stay current on Environmental, Compliance, and Safety issues. Must be able to:
* Attend safety meetings and seminars and assure employees do also.
* Complete environmental training sessions and assure employees do also.
* Complete process safety management training and assure your employees do also.
* Conduct toolbox safety meetings.
* Maintain exemplary housekeeping in areas of responsibility following 5S principles.
ADDITIONAL LOCAL NEEDS:
Required to be available for weekend and holiday on-call and after hours duty. Must be able to work independently on a variety of shifts as needed.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.