This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
MTD Products Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Posit Position Summary:
Leads and coordinates the maintenance department employees in general, preventative, and electrical maintenance. Maintenance supervisor is also responsible for daily upkeep of the facility and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate, arrange and supervise corrective and preventive maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
* Participate in annual budget preparations for facility and equipment, evaluates performance to budget and takes action as needed
* Ensure that major equipment and furnishings are maintained in safe, operable condition and/or arrange for replacement.
* Make recommendations for replacement and purchase of equipment.
* Design, layout and install electrical power throughout the plant with proper wiring techniques and conforming to all safety standards. Including 480/277/120 volt single/three phase and any transformed voltages from primary systems.
* Responsible for the training, coaching, and counseling of all department associates.
* Responsible for following and enforcing all company policies and procedures
* Direct and assign associates to work based on the demands of the department.
* Document and develop training plans as required
* Audit the work of department members to ensure timeliness, quality, accuracy and compliance with standard work
* Understand and communicate departmental performance as it pertains to the department s goals, and/or KPIs; use CI tools to drive results and address deficiencies.
* Work with outside vendors.
* Ensure that all daily 6S activities are completed
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to read blue prints.
* Advanced programing and troubleshooting of PLC s and PC based control systems.
* Self-motivated with the desire to learn and grow.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Knowledge of robotic operation and troubleshooting a plus.
* Good organizational skills including work planning abilities.
* Good PC skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of the organization, including the demonstrated ability to conduct monthly line meetings
* Ability to work, contribute and succeed in a team environment.
Minimum 2-3 years work experience in an industrial environment.
Associates degree in Supervision, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Must be able to work in a factory environment.
MTD is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.