Maintenance Supervisor 9/8/2016
South Sioux City, NE
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Nice opportunity in the South Sioux City, NE area. Successful food manufacturing company offering direct hire positions.
* Supervising the maintenance personnel on 1st shift;
* Providing support to production areas;
* Creating work orders and PMs;
* Installing new equipment, troubleshooting problems with equipment, and resolving operating problems;
* Keeping accurate and up-to-date records;
* Enforcing company policies and ensuring safety policies are followed;
* Encouraging suggestions from employees regarding production improvements, quality, and safety and/or production costs.
EDUCATION: 2-year degree or Technical certificate required; Mechanics, Electronics, or related disciplines preferred.
* 2+ years of mechanical and electrical maintenance experience in a food processing environment;
* Supervisory experience with a fair and consistent manner regarding all personnel;
* Strong experience in refrigeration and utilities required;
* Knowledge of basic mechanics, welding, electrical, fabrication, preventative maintenance, plant operations, and government safety regulations;
* Recognizes problem situations and takes appropriate steps to resolve;
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
* Familiar with computerized maintenance management systems, or able to easily learn them;