This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 2/16/2017
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
The Maintenance Supervisor will supervise the maintenance employees in the performance of their duties to ensure there is a safe working environment, maintain reliable plant and production equipment and remain in compliance with external regulatory and company policies and procedures. The Maintenance Supervisor will also complete capital projects, contribute to the Continuous Improvement programs and be a technical expert resource for the plant/division. The Maintenance Supervisor must achieve results while being in alignment with the core values of Integrity, Quality, Passion, Accountability, Innovation and Performance Driven.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage maintenance personnel performance by establishing expectations, holding them accountable, coaching for success and developing a sense of urgency in addressing plant needs.
* Schedule and execute equipment repairs to improve equipment safety, quality and reliability. Communicate these schedules and progress towards completion to internal customers regularly.
* Work with the Maintenance Planner to develop and manage an effective preventive maintenance program.
* Partner with other departments and utilize Continuous Improvement tools to resolve ongoing problems and increase levels of plant performance.
* Complete Leader Standard Work assignments daily.
* Complete staffing plans and payroll requirements.
* Work with department leadership in negotiation with other departments to secure production outages to complete priority repairs and projects as required.
* Work with department leadership to maintain a 24/7 focus on plant performance.
* Support department leadership to achieve goals and metric targets.
* Review production downtime reports and Pareto charts, utilize RCA tools and execute the action plans to eliminate downtime events with the most impact on equipment downtime.
* Attend meetings in support of continuous improvement, safety, quality and operations.
* Manage contractors and external resources as needed to complete training, projects and repairs.
* Develop and execute training plans for maintenance personnel to enhance their skills.
* Complete other duties as assigned by plant leadership.