Maintenance Supervisor 8/10/2016
Dairy Farmers of America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Manage and coordinate work performed within the Maintenance Organization utilizing both SAP/MRO and hard copies of information. Organizes, prepares and implements planned and emergency maintenance work activities for the department. Generates and schedules maintenance work orders and tracks department objectives and generates reports and analysis. Assists the Plant Engineer and Maintenance Manager as required and interfaces with storeroom, purchasing, outside contractors, production department, operating personnel and maintenance craftsmen. The Maintenance Systems Supervisor must possess the core values of Integrity, Quality, Passion, Accountability, Innovation and Community, as set forth by the DFA Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interfaces with the Maintenance Manager to drive details of work orders and projects. Collects information and organizes, plans, schedules and reviews it according to the processes and procedures defined in the Asset Reliability Model.
- Negotiates with and coordinates activities with other department managers.
- Advises or interprets information for operations and maintenance craftsmen and provides feedback in the form of metrics, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Exchanges information with supervisors, distributors, equipment manufacturers and vendors or contractors. In coordination with maintenance manager, guides maintenance craftsmen in planned and unplanned work activities.
- Develops, administers and communicates the written planning process to the Plant Engineer, Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Mechanics.
- Manages Planning information in SAP/MRO.
- Determines need for special tools and equipment and arranges their scheduling for the job.
- Estimates prep work and job labor requirements.
- Assigns work to Maintenance Mechanics and follows up to ensure that the work was completed.
- Responsible for the accuracy of cross-referencing part numbers, vendor information, descriptions, etc. - Produces job plans from data in the SAP/EAM.
- Responsible for accuracy of parts information.
- Determines the level of job planning required for large maintenance jobs.
- Determines the \\"Planning Status\\" of Work Orders.
- Creates and maintains machine history files.
- Determines manpower requirements and work schedules.
- Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and evaluating the quality, cost, availability, etc. of parts for the planning process.
- Determine spare parts requirements based on availability, criticality, lead times and cost.
- Responsible for maintaining new parts manuals, operating manuals, drawings, and files.
- Provides copies of prints, manuals, and files upon request for the planning process.
- Maintain integrity of the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Schedule.
- Develops and maintains Preventive and Predictive Maintenance Schedules.
- Responsible for coordinating with Production Planning on machine availability.
- Trains and develops maintenance employees concerning electrical, controls, programming, equipment design/function, utility systems and general maintenance knowledge.
- Assist Plant Engineer on repair and capital projects as directed.
- Involved in lean manufacturing throughout the plant.
- Leader of 5S and Quick Kaizens in the maintenance department.
- Involved the organization of the maintenance parts storage bins. Monitors and maintains the inventory of MRO and supplies.