Maintenance Tech D
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/22/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONRequisition ID
Maintenance Tech D
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
Our dairy manufacturing facility located in Walton, NY is seeking a Maintenance Technician D to support our team.
* Strong mechanical skills including ability to maintain and trouble shoot electrical, electronic, and control problems and make necessary repairs including mechanical and fluid systems.
* Perform installations and modifications in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
* Rebuild pumps, drives and other mechanical equipment.
* Diagnose, repair and maintain packaging, processing, cleaning, CIP equipment and general building maintenance.
* Manage plant floor software library, maintain revisions on maintenance laptops, and compliance to software licenses.
* Serve as the plant resource for overall plant controls strategy and for project upgrades. Serve as the plant technical resource for controls, controls training, communication protocol and troubleshooting.
* Must be willing to upgrade skills in areas where skills are not at the required level that includes company paid and/or benefit sponsored vocational, college, vendor courses, etc. Train self and others in problem solving/troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, and controls equipment.
* Selects, installs, calibrates, and checks sensing, recording instrumentation and circuitry, and develops specifications for nonstandard apparatus according to engineering data, characteristics of equipment under test, and capabilities of procurable test apparatus.
* Must have the basic personal tools needed to do all job assignments.
* Perform preventive maintenance inspections on all production equipment listed above as assigned by the Operations or Maintenance Manager. Participate in the development of a documented preventive maintenance plans. Recommend and implement continuous improvement on equipment/systems design.
* Utilize SAP and other Maintenance systems to document maintenance activities and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Produce a safe quality product and maintain a clean work environment by complying with all state, Company, GMP policies and regulations.
* Champion safety and reinforce the safety of other employees including driving by identifying issues and problems, taking corrective action and monitoring the corrective action.
* Accomplish work tasks by: considering and showing concern for all aspects involved; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time; efficiently managing one s time.
* Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or assignments; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
* Work effectively and cooperatively with team/work group or those outside the formal line of authority (eg, peers, managers) to accomplish organizational goals; taking actions that respect the needs and contributions of others; contributing to and accepting the consensus; clearly convey information and ideas to individuals or groups in an effective and efficient manner.
* Set high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
* Perform tasks in accordance with Job Skill Management procedures.
* Produce a safe quality product and maintain a clean work environment by complying with all state, Kraft Heinz Company, GMP policies and regulations.
* Perform assignments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner (i.e. Minimize impact on the environment).
* Support and participate in plant safety and environmental initiatives to reduce loss and promote sustainability.
* Lead department failure analysis program with department peers and lead
Qualified candidates must hold and possess demonstrated, proven proficiency of PLC Basics and Troubleshooting, Knowledge of Controls and Instrumentation, & Advanced PLC Skills. Possess three or more years of experience as an Electrician in an industrial setting OR have an Associate s degree in Electrical Technology/Process Control and at least a year of experience as an Electrician in an industrial setting.
* Demonstrated proficiency of the principles of electrical circuitry, schematics, PLC s, and other control equipment.
* Familiarity and knowledge of air and ammonia compressors, boilers, and HVAC and water process systems is a plus.
* Must be able to maintain and operate production line equipment.
* Ability to apply problem-solving techniques, communicates effectively, demonstrate leadership and plan effectively.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.