Maintenance Technician A
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker Company, is a global leader in the development, manufacture, and sale of an extended line of metal and plastic fasteners and engineered fastening systems for commercial applications. We focus on total engineering solutions for end users' fastening requirements in the automotive, transportation, electronics, aerospace, machine tool, construction, and appliance industries. Our automotive division strives to lead the way with innovative solutions to ever changing customer challenges and opportunities. Within Stanley Engineered Fastening automotive division, an opening is currently available for a Maintenance Tech at our Montpelier, In plant.
Under general and minimal supervision and according to established policy and procedures, performs routine maintenance and repairs to machinery and equipment. Must have specialty training and skills in more than one of the following areas: basic electricity, motor control systems, PLC s, hydraulics and pneumatics systems, mechanical systems and all general maintenance repairs.
Essential Job Functions
* Perform preventative maintenance tasks on machinery and equipment per established schedules
* Disassembles and re assembles machinery and equipment per established guidelines
* Performs various machinery and equipment repairs, installation or modifications
* Prepares a list of material required to perform tasks
* Miscellaneous repair to building and equipment including painting
* Record work performed in maintenance log
* Maintain housekeeping standards and 6S initiatives
* Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Essential Skills & Experience
* High School Diploma or GED
* 2 year college degree in related fields
* At least 5 years maintenance experience
* Ability to work with others to complete tasks
* Basic computer skills required, including Microsoft Office software
* Experience with PM systems
* PLC Troubleshooting (Allen Bradley)
* Must maintain a minimum personal tool inventory to complete most common maintenance jobs
* Ability to work overtime as needed
Competencies (5-10 Critical Areas of Understanding/Practice for the role)
* Mathematical ability (add, subtract, multiply and divide), practical application of percentages and ratios
* Analytical skills necessary in order to evaluate machine/equipment functions
* Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when diagnosing, inspecting, and checking for accuracy of repairs
* Ability to unload, transport and place heavy materials weighing up to 100lbs in appropriate locations in order to repair machinery and equipment
* Ability to read and interpret electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic and mechanical schematics and prints.
* Ability to differentiate color when repairing electrical services with multicolored wires.
* Walking, standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching
* Use of hands, arms, fingers, legs frequently
* Ability to unload and transport heavy materials weighing up to 100 lbs in appropriate locations in order to repair machinery and equipment.
* Pushing, pulling occasionally
* Use of ears, eyes and voice frequently
Personal Protective Equipment
* Hearing protection
* Safety Glasses
* Safety shoes slip resistant and safety toe
* Other additional PPE may be required when operating machinery or using chemicals.
Inside working environment mainly, some outside work when necessary. Noise levels on production floor require hearing protection, temperature fluctuates dependent on season. Working around powered industrial vehicles. Production floor can become slippery with oil.
Stanley Engineered Fastening, a Stanley Black & Decker company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.