This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
WS Packaging Group, Inc. is currently looking for a Maintenance Tech for 12 hr shifts - 5P-5A - Thur, Fri, Sat and every other Wed.
TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM EACH ESSENTIAL DUTY SATISFACTORILY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW ARE REPRESENTATIVE OF THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND/OR ABILITY REQUIRED. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
* understand and support the Corporate Mission Statement, Values, Vision, and Operating Principles
* practices and sustains lean and 6S standards and procedures
* adhere to mandatory daily stretch, safety requirements
* understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual
* may assist other Maintenance Technicians at times
* maintenance of corporate auto fleet
* snow removal
* rack building and welding
* general building maintenance
* moving of office furniture
* MECHANICAL REPAIRS AND MODIFICATIONS OF EQUIPMENT
* INSTALLATION OF VARIOUS PIPING FOR COMPRESSED AIR AND CHILLED PROCESS WATER
* TROUBLESHOOTING INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
* MOVE AND INSTALLION OF INDUSTRIAL EQUIPMENT
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1 to 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets, technical procedures and manuals.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
* Understanding of industrial equipment mechanics
* Basic Carpentry
* Forklifting driving and scissor lift work platform use
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.