This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Cushman & Wakefield
Bovina, TX, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE: Mechanical Technician Mid-Level
Location: Bovina, TX
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Perform mechanical services, millwright work and other skills as required. Must have a good working knowledge of the all of the following: precision alignment, rigging, welding, blueprint reading, mathematics, and preventive/predictive maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Team member must be able to work and lead personnel in a team oriented and safety conscious environment. Safety First expectations include, but are not limited to, PJHA process, Observation process, and compliance with all company / site safety guidelines and procedures.
2. Assigned tasks list to include, but not limited to repairs and preventive maintenance on pumps, conveying systems, piping, heat exchangers, power transmissions, and other power driven rotating equipment. Repairs and preventive maintenance to be performed in conformance with established standards. Expectation of task completion to range from task completion with minimal supervision to task completion with ability to lead other team members, dependent upon assigned tasks and employee's development.
3. This position may require moderate supervision and follow-up.
4. Assist in formulating preventive maintenance standards / work procedures while performing those duties and provide work order feedback on discrepancies noted in service delivery.
5. Must have working knowledge of the following topics: using hand / power tools, precision alignment, rigging, pipefitting, welding, blueprint reading, mathematics, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance.
6. Employee will perform any and all other duties that are assigned by the responsible supervisor.
7. Must be able to use hand tools on a daily basis such as power tools (hand grinders, saws, impact wrenches, drill press, and hydraulic pullers), and rigging equipment. Also perform welding, using a cutting torch as required.
8. Must be able to operate and have knowledge of simple and complex heavy industrial equipment such as forklifts, scissors lifts, basket trucks, and skid loaders.
9. Works from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms, scaffolding, etc. utilizing fall protection equipment as necessary to complete tasks
10. Must have the flexibility to work all shifts including holidays and weekends as demanded by the job.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
1. Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
3. Communications with all team members to support the development of short and long range planning in support of the company's goals and objectives
4. Maintain personal tools required for your job to include an up to date documented personal tool lists. Required tool listing to be supplied as part of employment.
5. Meet physical requirements of the job. Physical requirements of the job will be provided to you prior to employment.
6. Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
7. Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
8. Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
1. Education: Possess a high school degree or an approved GED. AA degree in Industrial Maintenance preferred, but not required.
2. Experience: 2-5 years experience in industrial maintenance and/or 3+ years education in industrial maintenance technologies / engineering preferred.
3. PdM experience and lubrication experience a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator when required by the job. Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.