This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/14/2016
Chicago Heights, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONZoetis is a global animal health company dedicated to supporting customers and their businesses in ever better ways. Building on 60 years of experience, we deliver quality medicines and vaccines, complemented by diagnostic products and genetic tests and supported by a range of services. We are working every day to better understand and address the real-world challenges faced by those who raise and care for animals in ways they find truly relevant.
Our name, Zoetis (z -EH-tis), has its root in zo, familiar in words such as zoo and zoology and derived from zoetic, meaning pertaining to life. It signals our company's dedication to supporting the veterinarians and livestock producers everywhere who raise and care for the farm and companion animals on which we all depend.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The Technician position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of production equipment including vacuum pumps, centrifugal pumps, fans, blowers, gearboxes, compressors, centrifuges, steam boilers, and agitators. The incumbent will also perform work with PLC/ DCS systems and instrumentation, and will perform tasks in metal fabrication, piping, welding, and electrical troubleshooting and repair. To perform this work, the Technician will understand and follow P&ID, loop, and schematic drawings. Incumbent will be required to clearly communicate with production operators. Must be able to describe facts clearly to engineers, suppliers, and contractors.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Applicants are required to have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED); preferably with an Associate's Degree or Certification in a mechanical/technical area or a mechanical/electrica l apprenticeship from an accredited institution. Three to five years mechanical experience in pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing is also required. Experience in metal fabrication, piping, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair required. Experience with PLC/DCS systems and instrumentation is required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
Applicants must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Precision measuring equipment such as ruler, micrometers, protractors, calipers, and thickness gauges.
* Power hand tools such as drills, grinders, saws, impact wrenches, and power rodders.
* Stationary machine tools such as band saws, drill presses, grinders, and pipe threading machines.
* Rigging equipment such as hoists, lifts, and hydraulic rams.
* Electrical installation equipment such as conduit benders.
* Instrumentation and test equipment such as volt/ohm meters, meggers, oscilloscopes, multi-calibrators, pressure calibrators, dead weight testers, temperature calibrators, ammeters, and signal generators.
* Welding equipment, hand held electrode, TIG, and oxyacetylene.
* Cutting and burning equipment such as oxyacetylene, and plasma arc.
* Alignment equipment such as dial indicators and laser alignment equipment.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Computer proficiency: email; internet/online training; working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
* Strong organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to access all areas of the plant. The colleague can be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The employee will occasionally perform work in wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; extreme heat; areas of risk of electrical shock or radiation; and around vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.