This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosted Date
Des Moines, IA
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company, Inc. is a major supplier of flexible packaging used by leading food, consumer products, healthcare, and other companies worldwide. Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2014 net sales from continuing operations of $4.3 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide. More information about Bemis is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
1. Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain all equipment and machinery within the facility.
2. Perform the required preventive maintenance (PM) work.
3. Purchase necessary replacement or spare parts as necessary.
4. Assist and/or supervise outside vendors/service contractors when they are hired to work at the MOS plant.
5. Work closely with production personnel and supervisors to communicate priorities, job status, and shift work reports.
6. Participate in varies plant activities (i.e. safety, WCOM, 5S, AIB, EHS KPM).
1. 2-4 Years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment.
2. A degree or certification in the electrical, mechanical, and/or HVAC fields is required.
3. Knowledge of machine controls, motor controllers, PLC"s, pumps, and mechanical drive systems is necessary.
4. Must have availability to work 2nd and 3rd shifts, in addition to some weekends, in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
. Ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical control systems using electrical and mechanical diagrams, meters, gauges, etc.
2. Should possess organizational talent and communication skills.
3. Computer skills are necessary. Microsoft Windows-based software as well as PLC structured software is desirable.
4. Troubleshoot, repair and maintain production equipment to include both mechanical and electrical problems. Equipment may include, but not limited to:
* CNC Mills, lathes, drill press and grinding machines
* Pumps, valves and piping systems
* Hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders and controls
* Transformers, drives and PLC s
* Blenders, extruders, conveyors and programmable controllers
* Electric motor bearings and wiring
5. Perform daily and weekly preventative maintenance checks on production equipment.
6. Responsible for all plant and property maintenance and upkeep.
7. Performs tasks within acceptable limits for quality, quantity, sanitation and timeliness of completion, paying particular attention to prevent and eliminate costly errors.
8. Participates in on-the-job training and instruction to learn new procedures and additional job tasks.
9. Other maintenance duties as assigned.