Maintenance Technician - Dry Ice
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
La Porte, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONMaintenance Technician
If you're looking for dry ice, you'll find it with Airgas . As the largest supplier of dry ice, Airgas has established a series of production plants across the nation to develop a secure source supply. Distribution Branches are located in strategic locations throughout the country to provide service to key industries including universities and labs. Quality, reliability, and service are the key drivers that enable Airgas to grow with organizations who depend on dry ice and cold shipping supplies.
JOB PURPOSE: To perform equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on production equipment.
* Performs repairs and installations on all plant production equipment.
* Completes preventive maintenance as assigned.
* Performs equipment inspections to ensure proper operation and safety.
* Communicates repair functions with production supervisors.
* Identifies and communicates safety hazards and quality deficiencies to maintenance management.
* Operates a forklift and/or pallet jack as needed to perform job functions.
* Enters data into maintenance and inventory software systems.
* Knows and complies with all safety and quality policies and procedures.
* Clean-up as required including, but not limited to, sweeping, washing, painting, trash removal and pick-up.
* Occasional assistance with production needs.
* Unconditioned work space (i.e. warm in summer, cool in winter). Hazards require the use of personal protective equipment (i.e. hardhat, safety glasses, hearing protection, and safety shoes). Wet, oily floors create slipping hazards. Dry ice is extremely cold, and therefore requires that gloves be worn when directly handling dry ice.
* On-call and shift work required.
* High School or equivalent preferred.
* Formal training in one or more of the following: General Industrial Maintenance, Hydraulics, Industrial Electrical Systems, PLC Programming, Industrial Refrigeration, Compressors, Pneumatics.
* Three (3) years experience in a production/manufacturing environment working in a maintenance capacity.
* Mechanical, Electrical and Ammonia experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
* High degree of technical aptitude and skill to learn the function and repair of plant production equipment.
* Self starter able to take direction, problem solves to repair and maintain plant production equipment and systems.
* Good written and verbal skills with basic math skills (add,subtract,multiply, divide).
* Proficient with data entry and manipulation of maintenance software and inventory systems.
* Able to operate a forklift safely and efficiently.
* Function safely in a noisy environment with safe, but elevated, levels of CO2 vapor present in the facility. Able to think clearly and troubleshoot during time-sensitive outages.
* Essential job function requires the routine lifting of items weighing at least 50 pounds. Turning wrenches requiring pulling strength. Ability to safely climb ladders and work overhead.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job function. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and other reasonably related duties could be assigned.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability