Maintenance Technician 9/14/2016
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
EMCOR Facilities Services ( EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: -- Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: --The maintenance technician will complete required PM and repairs on the client s facility equipment. This position will be crossed trained and utilize a flow to the work concept. The successful technician will be an excellent communicator and have exceptional follow up capabilities. The technician will exhibit an ownership attitude. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Performs preventive maintenance activities on facility following written instructions. PM activities include measurement of wear, replacement of expendables ( i.e. belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc.) and inspection/evaluation of operating characteristics such as speeds, pressures, vacuum, or vibration.
* Analyzes findings during PM and recommends changes to PM content based upon findings. Documents PM activities within the CMMS. Completes assigned work orders and documents completion within the CMMS.
* Completes repairs including rebuilding of pumps, steam traps, valves, electrical and pneumatic solenoid devices
* Completes general building repairs, including repair and painting of walls, doors, floors, etc.
* Completes repairs to plumbing system including fixing leaks and stoppages, repairs or replacement of sinks, piping, valves or drains.
* Repairs and maintains controls, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
* Replaces lighting components, ceiling tiles, and grid throughout the buildings.
* Performs shift \\"rounds\\" using a checklist to document performance characteristics ( i.e., operation modes, pressures, temperatures, RPM, etc.) of facility systems and equipment.
* Communicates directly with the customer and site lead in assuring that all aspects of a work request are understood, that parts must be ordered, or that requested completion date will be delayed for any reason not discovered during the conversion of the work request into a work order.
* Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels, MCC circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
* Maintains building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contractors, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets, photoelectric eyes for exterior bldg lighting and lighting contractors that are controlled by the energy management system.
* Performs PM & repairs on dock equipment Overhead doors, dock levelers, dock locks and seals.
* Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Site Manager.
* Education - Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
* Business Experience - Two to five years mechanical experience.
* Licenses/Certifications - Valid driver s license, Fork truck operator s license, JLG operator s license
Language Skills - Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group situations.
* Technical Qualifications & Skills - Mechanical experience including, but not limited to, electrical, plumbing, HVAC or carpentry.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled