This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/24/2017
Elk Grove Village, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONGraphic Packaging Intl. is the global leader in print carton packaging serving clients in the foods, beverage and consumer goods industry with local plants located in Elk Grove Village and Carol Stream Illinois. We are looking for a talented Maintenance Technician that exercises judgment where appropriate in ensuring the efficient completion of machine repairs. Held responsible for quality, equipment condition, safety, the efficient operation of the equipment for the complex.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at the company are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any/all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list.
* Installing and repairing all electrical devices within the plant.
* Performing breakdown repairs, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, etc. on all production equipment, utilities, building/grounds, etc.
* Completing parts requisitions, work orders, time sheets, in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
* Electrician disassembles defective electrical equipment, replaces defective or worn parts, and reassembles equipment.
* Responsible for replacing all fuses, light sockets, bulbs and switches within both Elk Grove and Westfield facilities.
* Working independently and on teams.
* Demonstrating safe work practices.
* Use PLCs for routine troubleshooting.
* Understand and complete all associated paperwork.
* Adhere to preventative/predictive maintenance schedules.
* Read and work from mechanical and electrical blueprints
* Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, reaching, stretching and working in tight positions.
* Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
* Must have physical coordination to operate fork lift (to remove and replace extremely heavy parts.
* Must have the physical ability and coordination to operate machinery (Lathe, Grinder, Drill Press, Handsaw, etc...,) used to make and repair parts.
* Must have the physical ability and coordination to remove and replace parts from machinery. To be functional within position person should be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
* Must have visual acuity at short distance to examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
* Inside Conditions: Extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), humidity, working in tight areas, noise (from production machinery) and working with various oils, solvents and other related chemicals.
* Must be able to speak, read and write English. Must have working knowledge of basic mechanical fundamentals. Perform tasks per instructions. Work well without supervision when needed
* Must have experience in identifying basic hand tools. Printing industry experience a plus. Prior maintenance/electrical experience necessary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years hands on experience in mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of high speed equipment.
* Machines, Tools, Equipment, Software:
* Basic working knowledge of machine tools: drill presses, welders, grinders.
* Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office
* All types of machinery involved in the folding carton industry. Must have own tools needed to make mechanical and/or electrical repairs.
* Must be flexible: Able to work overtime, other shifts, and Saturdays/Sundays when needed.
* High School diploma or GED required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for this job. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains at-will.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.