This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Bemis Company, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Posted Date
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company creates exceptional packaging for food, consumer product, healthcare, and industrial applications. We work collaboratively with forward-thinking companies to find better ways to succeed. Our strategic objectives are to accelerate growth, focus innovation, and continuously improve, all aimed at improving financial performance toward our long-term targets. Our Vision is: passionate commitment to the growth and success of our customers will make Bemis the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions.
Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2015 net sales of $4.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide
More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
To troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and systems within the facility to insure smooth operation, production and safe working conditions.
* Troubleshoot and repair problems encountered during day-to-day operations of the facility
* Perform preventative maintenance functions on equipment and systems to help prevent downtime and equipment /plant deterioration
* Perform work assignments on projects for the continued growth, expansion and safe environment of the plant and the related work areas
* Work with outside contractor to perform installation or service of equipment within the facility.
* Assist machine operators, when directed by supervisor, to minimize downtime and complete scheduled cleaning or changeovers of equipment
* Comply with all policies and procedures, e.g., work rules, quality, GMP, GFSI, etc.
* Associates degree in related field preferred
* 2 years maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
* Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems up to and including 480 volts and DC drive systems
* Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair vacuum conveying systems
* Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair hydraulic/pneumatic systems
* Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, micrometers and operate a mill/lathe
* Previous extrusion and PLC experience is a plus
* Effective interpersonal communication, and team skills. This includes, but is not limited to; properly completing written maintenance logs and/or maintenance reports, the ability to verbally convey effective instructions and descriptions of situations or conditions in the work environment to others, communicate effectively with employees to resolve production/safety issues concerning equipment and the plant.
* High degree of safety awareness.
* Willing to work with production personnel to accomplish production priorities and determine the proper course of action relative to equipment, scheduling and safety
* Work 12 hour rotating shifts
* Must be able to withstand heat
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate a general nature and level of work performed by employees within a classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer