Maintenance Technician - Building 1 - Multiple Shifts
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThroughout its history, Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc. has been synonymous with safety, quality, growth, and continuous improvement. Adhering to these core values has enabled us to succeed as a Tier 1 supplier of world-class products to the global automotive market. With five US locations and over 3,600 hard-working employees, we are dedicated to ensuring the expectations of our first-rate automotive customers are consistently exceeded.
Recent growth and expansion projects, combined with multiple internal promotions, have lead to several new opportunities within our Monroe, GA facility. We are currently recruiting experienced technicians for our maintenance department for E shift (Monday through Thursday 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.) and F shift (Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m). Please note that this position may be subject to a change in shift due to business needs. As an essential part of our team in Georgia, you will be conducting machine setup, troubleshooting and repairing equipment as well as performing preventative and predictive maintenance within our growing operation.
Our maintenance professionals have the opportunity to experience work tasks in a variety of areas including robotics, electrical/electronics/PLCs, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment. Techs at Hitachi also have the opportunity to do some replacement part fabrication using old parts or drawings. As we add new equipment, there will be regular opportunities to learn new skills.
Conducts machine setup, troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service.
1. Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
2. Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
3. Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
4. Check, repair and maintain equipment observing for and correcting defects. Replace defective parts making necessary adjustments to ensure proper machine functioning.
5. Modify existing machine tools to allow for the performance of specified operations.
6. Operate a variety of machine tools to fabricate replacement parts, using drawings or old parts to obtain dimensional requirements.
7. Check and audit problem parts for dimensional accuracy using various types of fixed and hand-held measuring devices. Identify and eliminate problems in department, which effect productivity, quality or safety.
8. Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
9. Comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
Successful candidates for the Maintenance Technician position will possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, technical training and two (2) or more years of related experience in maintenance of production machines, exposure to high-speed equipment preferred..
We are seeking skills in electronic/electrical equipment, PLCs and computers, mechanical systems, troubleshooting and use of test equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems including reading schematics, statistical process control (SPC), blueprint reading and measuring techniques. Experience in robotic assembly and CNC machining strongly desired. Effective oral and written communication skills are essential. Knowledge of and prior experience with the metric system is a plus. Demonstrated history of safe work habits is required.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Since we only hire the best and want to maintain a safe and pleasant work environment for all, final candidates are subject to drug screen and background checks. Hitachi is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).