Maintenance Technician I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSunoco fuel can be found in 27 states, and its brand recognized worldwide as the official racing fuel of NASCAR, INDYCAR, the National Hot Rod Association, the American Motorcyclist Association and more than 50 other racing series. Sunoco's commitment to performance and innovation continues, driving a new period of expansion.
Sunoco LP (NYSE: SUN) is a master limited partnership whose territory ranges from Maine to Hawaii, and we continue to expand. Sunoco LP that operates approximately 1,340 convenience stores (including APlus, Stripes, Aloha Island Mart and Tigermarket brands) and retail fuel sites, and distributes motor fuel to convenience stores, independent dealers, commercial customers and distributors located in 30 states at approximately 6,800 sites.
Energy Transfer Equity, L.P. (NYSE: ETE) owns SUN's general partner and incentive distribution rights. The Energy Transfer family of companies controls approximately 71,000 miles of pipelines, supplying major fuels throughout the country
A career with Sunoco is about committing yourself to things that matter, including great customer service, quality performance, teamwork, integrity, and pride. At Sunoco we have a passion for creativity, new ideas and teamwork and we are looking for the best and brightest talent.
Stripes / APT is in the process of interviewing candidates for a Maintenance Service Technician. This position will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor in their respective areas.
Some areas of responsibility include:
* Perform daily technical repairs and maintenance to ensure that equipment continues to run to manufacturer's specifications smoothly and the physical condition of the store does not deteriorate.
* Dismantle equipment to gain access to and remove defective parts.
* Assist in the installation of equipment resulting from special projects as assigned.
* Perform regular inspections of stores and inform supervisor of any problem areas.
* Inspect, operate and test equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
* Maintain parts and supplies needed for job completion and accounts for appropriate levels.
* Paint, repair roofs, windows, doors, floors and other parts of building structures.
* Diagnose equipment problems and determine how to correct them as necessary.
* Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of the work by completing the SWO's in a timely manner.
* Complete transfer forms for accurate inventory part counts and proper allocation.
* Assist Service Supervisor in cost control efforts.
* Assist with various duties as assigned.
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Some maintenance related trade school preferred.
* EPA certification preferred.
* Willing and able to travel long distances when necessary.
* Ability to troubleshoot medium to complex mechanical/electrical problems.
* Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations (add, subtract, multiple, divide).
* Ability to work with various hand and power tools.
* Ability to interact with store personnel, customers, and management in a professional courteous manner.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Basic computer skills preferred.
* Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience, preferably in the field.
* Must be CFC and 410 certified, if applicable.
* Valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record required
* Must possess good plumbing, electrical, mechanical and diagnostic skills in compliance with local and state NEC codes
* Must be able to work flexible hours such as weekends, on-call, evenings and holidays..