Maintenance Technician IV Job
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Boston Scientific Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPRIMARY LOCATION: US-RI-Coventry
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS: (n/a)
REQUISITION ID: 285071
BOSTON SCIENTIFIC (NYSE: BSX) TRANSFORMS LIVES THROUGH INNOVATIVE MEDICAL SOLUTIONS THAT IMPROVE THE HEALTH OF PATIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. AS A GLOBAL MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY LEADER FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, WE ADVANCE SCIENCE FOR LIFE BY PROVIDING A BROAD RANGE OF HIGH PERFORMANCE SOLUTIONS THAT ADDRESS UNMET PATIENT NEEDS AND REDUCE THE COST OF HEALTHCARE. FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT US AT WWW.BOSTONSCIENTIFIC.COM.
At Boston Scientific, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions including heart, digestive, pulmonary, vascular, urological, women's health, and chronic pain conditions. We are a leading innovator of medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets.
Assist the Facilities Manager in the coordination of activities and task execution within the facilities team. Is responsible to execute lead technician duties, which include but are not limited to, assisting all facilities managers with routine daily plant operations, plant shutdown coordination, emergency response, customer service requests, staffing schedules, job workflow and process improvement, staff training, quality assurance compliance, planned preventative maintenance program planning, procurement, vendor management, communications, BAS/CMMS/Work Request system management, and overall job execution of unit responsibilities throughout all facilities.
- Monitor controlled environment areas and rooms. Includes performing routine, regular daily checks for temperature, humidity, and static pressure, verifying HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems are working properly.
- Oversee and maintain critical HVAC systems to ensure that indoor environments are comfortable and in compliance with production requirements.
- Coordinate outside service providers as needed. Coordinate the installation of all types of equipment. Includes planning and installing services and equipment.
- Manage utility systems including assistance in performing regular maintenance monitoring usage and upgrading equipment.
- Assist to ensure facility compliance with all required SOP.
- Assist developing and maintaining facility related written SOP processes, procedures, and forms.
- Attend meetings and facilitate special projects as required by manager.
- Lead and develop facilities technicians.
- Proven expertise in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate immediate corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, good judgment and decision-making skills.
- AS degree or higher in trades or proven experience equivalency
- Minimum 5 years direct experience in a an industrial environment with manufacturing equipment and/or facilities in a production environment
- Work related experience in ensuring compliance with safety initiatives.
- Knowledgeable in the areas of hydraulics, air systems, mechanical drives, mechanical components, installation methods, troubleshooting and repair techniques and methods, welding, and basic industrial electrical.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Office and other Windows based programs and internet skills.
QUALITY SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
- Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
- Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Posting Notes: US-RI-Coventry||(n/a)||Manufacturing & Operations||(n/a)
Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Technician, Maintenance, Electrical, Welding, Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing