This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWorking for Equity Residential means being part of a community employees and residents striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work. Thats what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Maintenance Technicians are a key part of each communitys success. They are our repair experts who provide the technical know-how behind each apartment community. From HVAC to plumbing to a fresh coat of paint, Maintenance Technicians have a hand in every apartment and every residents satisfaction. Maintenance Technicians are personable, technically skilled individuals with a keen eye for detail, an ability to learn new skills quickly, a curiosity for how things work, and a passion for working with their hands.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will work with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring a diverse set of skills. You will collaborate with team members to assess and respond to maintenance issues, develop a rapport with residents by being both knowledgeable and friendly, and inspire trust by caring for our community and making our apartments feel like home.
WHO YOU ARE
* A MAINTENANCE WHIZ. You have a solid understanding of general maintenance and are quick to learn new skills.
* A CLEAR COMMUNICATOR. You help residents and teammates understand the timeline and process for repairs.
* A TEAM PLAYER. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to residents.
* PROACTIVE. You act like an owner, performing regular maintenance to avoid emergencies.
* PERSONABLE. You are respectful, pleasant to be around, and enjoy engaging with others.
* LEVELHEADED. You keep your cool during maintenance emergencies and quickly find solutions.
* MOTIVATED. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
* SOLUTION-ORIENTED. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know they matter.
* ORGANIZED. You are flexible and able to juggle multiple priorities and interactions with residents and teammates smoothly.
WHAT YOULL DO
* REPAIR AND ENHANCE OUR COMMUNITY. Youll be responsible for repairing and maintaining all plumbing, electrical, appliance, carpentry, and painting needs of the community. On-the-job training will be provided as needed.
* BUILD RAPPORT WITH RESIDENTS. You'll make positive connections with residents by offering a smile and a greeting when you see them and chatting as you make repairs in their homes.
* RESPOND TO SERVICE REQUESTS. Youll launch into action when maintenance issues arise, collaborating with teammates and prioritizing service requests to earn trust and build resident satisfaction.
* KNOW THE MAKE-READY SCHEDULE. Youll monitor apartment vacancies daily and initiate the turnover process with painting, cleaning and repairing.
* TEND TO PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE. Youll safeguard equipment with regular tune-ups, helping equipment last longer and minimizing costly repairs.
* NOTICE THE DETAILS. Youll walk the property daily, inspecting all areas for cleanliness and safety, and helping to maintain great curb appeal.
* 1 years of hands-on general maintenance experience
* Availability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
* Rotating on-call responsibility for after-hours emergencies
* Valid driver's license and/or access to reliable transportation
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Trade school and/or military training or industry designation (CAMT or CAMT II)
* HVAC Experience
* EPA Certification (Type I & II or Universal)
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. Thats why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
CA-Versailles (Koreatown) (29255)
918 S. Oxford Avenue
Los Angeles, 90006