This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
North American Pipe Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION DESCRIPTION
In the U.S., our polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin is utilized by Westlake companies North American Pipe Corporation (NAPCO) and Westech Building Products. North American Pipe manufactures and sells pipe and fittings and Westech Building Products fabricates and sells products for residential and commercial construction. These products are used in projects ranging from water and sewer systems to home and commercial applications for fence, deck rail, window and door systems.
Maintenance Technician Location KS, McPherson
Requisition Number 1713
# of openings 1
North American Pipe Corporation
Have a good knowledge of facilities layout and design of the Compressed Air system, Chilled Water, Recycled Water
and City Water systems; Electrical Distribution Panels, Buss Bar Disconnects, and Primary Circuit Breakers.
Responsible for maintaining all equipment in all areas of the plant, and covering all emergency breakdowns and repairs in a timely manner. Possess good electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills, and possess good welding and fabricating skills. Perform tasks including lubrication, filter inspection and replacement, oil changes, motor and pump replacements, plumbing, painting, cleaning, and any other mechanical and electrical task as assigned. Possess good computer skills to use SAP to generate work orders, track labor, and consume materials. This position also has the responsibility to perform any mechanical and electrical tasks assigned, and for maintaining high safety standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Perform the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
* Include all elements of Maintenance Tech C job description.
* Possess the skill and ability to perform all mechanical and electrical duties required.
* Ability to properly assess and proactively predict the operational state of equipment, filters, oil, hydraulics, compressors, motors, pumps, plumbing and electrical systems and determine course of immediate and future action as needed to eliminate unscheduled downtime.
* Ability to install and setup barrels and screws on all extruders with minimal supervision.
* Be proficient in tooling/line changeovers
* Complete welding and fabrication work as needed, process repairs, improvements, and capital projects.
* Use SAP Maintenance Module software to generate work orders, track labor, and consume materials/parts.
* Maintain high level of organization and high standards for housekeeping.
* Ability to complete routine assignments without direct supervision.
* Perform additional duties as assigned.
* Understand operational elements of extrusion process.
No Supervisory responsibility
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma, and a minimum of 3 years experience in Industrial Maintenance or Pipe Extrusion.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme heat, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Westlake Chemical is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability