Maintenance Technician Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 1/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
* Fabricates and assembles structural metal products such as framework or shells for machinery, ovens, tanks, and other machines with stainless steel for the food industry by layout and plans sequence of operations according to mechanical drawings and written and verbal instructions. Skilled within Mig and Tig welding. Maintain the plant's equipment, buildings and facilities. Provides technical trouble shooting skills regarding maintenance, electrical, mechanical and hydraulic engineering. With direction from the Maintenance Planner and the Maintenance Supervisor, ensures that the maintenance schedules are adhered to.
General Description: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty/responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Perform duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or their designee.
* Assist or perform preventive maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition.
* Assist or perform in executing major equipment overhauls.
* Assist or perform the troubleshooting of electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing.
* Assist or perform in the repairs and maintenance of the heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment (HVAC/R).
* Constructs and demolishes walls, and perform other carpentry duties.
* Install light bulbs, paint interior and exterior of buildings.
* Maintain exterior of the buildings, roof repair, etc.
* Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
* Maintains records in accordance with work order, backlog, control and job assignment systems.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Maintain clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
* Tig welding, and Mig/Mag welding.
* Working from engineering drawings
* Fabricating - Cutting and shaping large stainless steel parts
* Able to discern correct welding applications.
* Learn production process.
* Ability to read and interpret shop/engineering drawings.
* Be active in preventative maintenance program, daily plant fundamentals and all safety procedures.
* Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies and systems and engineering concepts.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately
Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skilfully.
Technical Skills Uses technical expertise appropriate to situation; shares expertise with others.
Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Capacity to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed. Working knowledge of spoken Spanish preferred.
MATH ABILITY: Capacity to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams preferred.
REASONING ABILITY: Capacity to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Knowledge of preventative maintenance software preferred. Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet software.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: Depending on location, may require various licenses by local, county, state or federal agencies. Requires valid driver s license.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
Education/Experience Requirements: High School diploma or GED required; Technical certificate in HVAC, refrigeration, mechanical, electrical and/or plumbing repair. Experience working in a maintenance department, preferably in an automated food processing plant. Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques. Basic knowledge in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred. Other skills and experiences could be refrigeration, plumbing, industrial electrical and mechanical systems and maintenance, and automated food manufacturing process controls and equipment. 3 years experience in a food manufacturing environment requiring knowledge of Tig welding, and Mig/Mag welding. Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures HACCP and sanitary design.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.