This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
MOLDED FIBER GLASS COMPANIES/N C
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary (Primary Function)
Performs general maintenance, installation and repairs on a wide variety of machinery and equipment. Also performs preventive maintenance to production machinery, special purpose machinery and other equipment as required. Diagnoses maintenance problems, disassembles and makes repairs and adjustments as necessary. Performs building and plant facility maintenance and repair including plumbing and electrical systems. Uses a variety of hand and power tools common to the trade.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
* Dismantles and repairs complex equipment.
* Installs equipment and piping systems
* Performs work in the mechanic's skill areas such as fabrication, welding, electrical, etc.
* Occasionally performs work in other skill areas.
* Directs work of C-Mechanics and Apprentices, if any.
* Uses hand and power tools required to perform job.
* Works from drawings, verbal instruction or sketches.
* Operates production equipment to check work as required.
* Completes routine paperwork
* Diagnoses complex equipment failures.
* Troubleshoots complex equipment problems.
* Helps to maintain inventory by requisitioning materials.
Job Requirements (Qualification Factors: Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Ability)
Education/Trade Knowledge -
* Must have completed a state apprenticeship program in one of the trades or equivalent trade experience of at least five years.
* Must have thorough knowledge of the machinery and equipment in the production area.
* Must be skilled in the repair, adjustment and PM of machinery and equipment.
* Must be capable of reading and interpreting service manuals to order spare parts and troubleshoot equipment
* Must be capable of following verbal and written instructions.
* Must have a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems. Must have general knowledge of welding and plumbing. Must be skilled in the use of basic hand tools and shop power tools common to the trade.
* Requires certification in the operation of forklift.
* This position requires one to two years work experience to become proficient in most phases of the job.
Initiative or Ingenuity -
* Work priorities are established by supervisors or by work orders, but considerable initiative and judgment is often required to complete the job satisfactorily.
* Trouble-shooting and repair of breakdowns require some initiative and resourcefulness.
PHYSICAL DEMAND -
* Occasionally heavy lifting and/or moving up to 50 lbs. is required to do the job.
* Walking, climbing, reaching and bending are necessary for the job.
* Often works in a strained or awkward position.
* Often works on a platform or ladder.
Mental and/or Visual Demand -
* Controlled mental and visual attention is required while trouble-shooting, analyzing situations and making repairs and adjustments.
Responsibilities For Equipment/process/material/product/work And Safety Of Others-
* Careless handling of equipment could result in damage but easily correctable.
* Failure to properly repair the machinery or equipment could result in excessive downtime and/or scrapped and wasted material. Steady care required.
* Usually works alone but extreme care must be exercised in the start-up and cycling of machinery to prevent injury to others.
* Responsible for own work but works in an area where improperly installed or repaired machinery could affect the work output and/or quality of others.
* WORKING CONDITIONS