Maintenance Technician (Murfreesboro, TN)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 1/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Within General Mills, our manufacturing facilities are committed to achieving zero human and food safety incidents and it is every employee's responsibility to fully support this vision. Skilled Mechanics are hired as members of a manufacturing team. They are responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of processing and packaging equipment within the manufacturing facility.
The General Mills-Murfreesboro plant operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week. Changes in volume and production requirements can result in changes in work schedule and additional overtime. Skilled Mechanics must be willing to work any shift including nights and weekends.
The starting wage for a Skilled Mechanic position ranges from $23.74 to $25.69 per hour with the potential to earn up to a rate of $30.16 per hour. General Mills also offers shift differential payment for those working off-shift. In addition, General Mills is offering a $5,000 signing bonus less applicable taxes and withholdings, payable after successful completion of the probationary period. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package including competitive wages, incentive opportunity, medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous vacation package starting at three weeks, and participation in the General Mills 401 (k) and retirement savings plan.
In this role, you will:
* Follow all company safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment
* Install, maintain, repair, and replace industrial processing and packaging machinery, work tools and equipment
* Provide technical support and plant leadership for equipment troubleshooting and equipment modifications
* Perform both uptime and down time preventative maintenance in adherence to the master PM schedule
* Perform corrective maintenance work orders
* Repair and maintain building utilities
* Have the ability to learn and perform minor machining and welding tasks
* Design and layout circuits, install fixtures, wiring conduits, motors, and other electrical equipment/components
* Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives in order to increase platform performance
* Assist with training new employees as needed
* Attend meetings and trainings as required
* Perform additional related tasks as assigned
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Must have the ongoing right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
* High School Diploma or GED
* 1 year experience in industrial maintenance or equivalent education in a related field
* Proficiency in basic computer skills
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
* Must be able to perform physical tasks for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling and twisting over surfaces
* Willing and able to work any shift schedule, including nights and weekends
* Willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
* Willing and able to adhere to all grooming requirements necessary for a food manufacturing environment
* Working knowledge of PLCs, HVAC systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems